When buying clothes do designer labels matter to you?

• Yes, the luxurious the brand the better the quality
    Vote A
  • No, im a bargain shopper
    Vote B
  • Sometimes depends on the item
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the item. Some branded clothes are very cheaply made, while some unbranded stuff is half decent.

An LV bag or a Brioni coat will last 20 years easily. Michael Kors on the other hand... overpriced rubbish.

2|0
    0|0
    • I completely agree. my mk bag handles are getting worn out and it's only been 3 years. now my Kim Kardashian handbag

• $15 I've had for 7yrs. no damage in excellent condition

Most Helpful Girl

• There are many designer items of clothing that are of great quality and will last. I justify my LV bag because I've been using it everyday for 2 years and it still looks exactly the same as the day I bought it. Although some none designer labels are just as capable of this too (if you know where to shop). To be honest, quality comes first. Whatever I purchase I have to feel is going to be worth the price in durability. I don't buy low quality items no matter how cheap, it's a waste of money.

1|0
    0|0
    • I can't stand lv bags. they are not cute to me and everyone has one.

• But for the price I'm sure it has excellent matierial and long lasting

• Yeah when I was your age I hated LV bags too, but now that I'm older the the fake ones are actually easy to spot I grew to really like them. The type I've got is the square print (not the LV type) and I looove it.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• I think wearing designer clothes is more often than not, pretty tacky. Never does it look like you're not trying too hard to show off. I couldn't care less about your Gucci belts or any of that trash. Like I get it, you have money but designer clothes are rarely the nicest clothes to begin with. I prefer clothes from stores like H&M or whateverwhere the clothes look nice and casual, qualitie's pretty good, it's not terribly expensive and there's not branding all over the clothes.

1|0
    0|0
    • This is full of typos and it's triggering my OCD but that's alright.

• No, but I do often buy a bit more expensive clothes, but mostly because I look for quality and durability. I don't actually care what the label is and always try to find sales. When buying clothes for certain purpose like sports or hiking I care a bit about the label so I know it's going to be quality stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • Quality matters. The maker matters only as an expression of quality. The design matters, but the design is expressed by the article itself, not by the label name.

As Prof-Don said, I may gravitate to some brands that cut clothes that fit me well, but... generally I don't actually want anyone knowing what brands i'm wearing.

1|1
    0|0
  • Growing up I thought I needed the cool brands etc, yeah I was brainwashed watching MTV crips all the time lol..

Now I prefer Ross, which offers great clothes and deals.

You can tell True Religion CEO to shove his $800 dollars pants up you know where.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only wear name brand but because I like how it looks not just for the tag. Mostly just American Eagle, Hollister, and Express.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I go for clothes I can afford, and most branded stuff I've bought didn't even last longer than no brand stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • I refuse to wear clothes that show off the brand name as the logo for the shirt. I will wear a band t-shirt but that isn't the company name so it's different.

2|0
    0|0
  • I just want comfy jeans and a shirt with something cool on it. lol

1|0
    0|0
    • 😂😂same here. like Zach the Facebook creator and the apple guy. billionaires who wear jeans and a t-shirt. no one would ever know

• Your shirt rocks!!! marvel geek

• lol Thank you very much. I’d wear Zelda shirts most of the time if they weren’t so blasted hard to find offline, let alone in a great size.

• Wealth is for the weak. I typically avoid females who try to look or be rich.

1|0
    1|0
  • I mainly care about look and fit. Some brands make cuts of clothes that fit my body really well, so brand DOES matter for me... for consistency not the brand name

1|0
    0|0
  • Not so much designer brands all the time but I only buy from high end stores

1|0
    0|0
    • Better quality of clothing and looks and feels nice.
      I mostly only wear suits or at least smart dress.
      I don't wear what I call street clothes from the high street stores

• It really depends like your not about see me wearing no supreme t-shirts there away overpriced and aren't even really good quality

1|0
    0|0
  • If I would have a decent paying job then I would care for designer labels. I sometimes buy any clothes from designer labels.

1|0
    0|0
  • me buying clothes and people saying that brand isn't good:
    look upon the field on which I grow my fucks, and see that it lays barren"

1|0
    0|0
  • It all depends on what the item will be used for. You get what you pay for, usually.

1|0
    0|0
  • When I make my own money I’ll probably only wear extensive brands

1|0
    0|0
  • The quality and design and prize matters. The brand doesn't.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm a bargain shopper brand doesn't matter to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeah pretty much I don't like wearing no name clothes

1|0
    0|0
  • If I like it I buy it no matter the brand or price, why buy somthing you will won't wear

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• I usually bargain shop. Yes, there are several items that designer labels produce with superior quality. If I'm in the right place at right time, I can score some really good-quality designer labels that fit me well for much less money than I expected. I also like discovering new, unknown brands that offer surprisingly durable items at dirt cheap prices.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah,
    if I like the clothing, the style, and it has a decent quality for a good price, I'm sold.
    Labels aren't my thing. I don't care where / who it's made by, just as long as I like it!

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually brand doesn't matter (unless it's my western jeans and boots). For me, I have to like the style and color, if I don't l like it - I don't buy it. No brand name is going to change my mind

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a bargain shopper only because the size I need for my bra has to be specialty made and it's expensive.

1|0
    0|0
  • Quality in shoe durability.

Like Walmart All Stars, do not compare to actual Converse lol

1|0
    0|0
  • Waste of money.

However, if something fits me really well, I'll spend more money on it. Quality is important to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just want quality items. Expensive isn't always better. Sometimes they use cheaper materials, but you still pay a lot more just because of the label. It's just not worth it if it's not top quality.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not at all, Its not that i am a bargain shopper, it's just I dont have the extra cash to pay to do it.
    Besides, $500 and upwards is a little absurd to pay for a coin purse.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I don't think I even own any designer clothes.

1|0
    0|0
  • Quality is indeed important but i can't afford designer clothes all the time.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most designer clothes are overpriced & in most cases not any better then average.

0|1
    0|0
  • Purses, shoes, Stuff like that it matters

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I buy things that are cheap and that fits.

1|0
    0|0
  • no they not matter to me

1|0
    0|0
  • I like shopping brands.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends if I’m looking for something long term. If I want it to last (like a nice shirt) I’ll pay more attention to the brand, but if it’s something that I don’t mind having a bit of wear and tear on (underwear for example) I’m far less picky about it

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes