As a wedding guest which dress is better?

• as a wedding guest which dress is better?white peplum minidress with bijoux and tulle ruffle in back
    Vote A
  • as a wedding guest which dress is better?pastel mint with bijoux and sheer organdy long in back
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
i'm aware that many girls fantasize about their future wedding and spend time thinking and talking to people about wedding stuff but i have never been one of those girls and i've never been to a wedding before.
western culture is extremely uptight. this is refreshing.

i will be sure to mention this next time i hear anyone talk about how western culture is more free, relaxed and lacking in social pressure where you better know your "role" or else. i hear this quite often so it'll definitely make for fun conversation.

thank you for your kind responses.

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I say A, it looks like a little more ideal for a wedding. but I doubt anyone would confuse you as the bride herself

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• white peplum minidress with bijoux and tulle ruffle in back. I think it look the best.
    It's totally ok to wear white to a wedding as a guest, I did it (I wore a skit and top white with a lots of lace and didn't have any problem).

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 31

• Ok, it is inappropriate to wear white at a wedding, that colour is for the bride only.

The second dress is a prom or ball type of dress designed to attract attention, again which is inappropriate at a wedding because only the bride is to be wearing attention getting dress. It almost looks like something the bridesmaids would wear, not a guest.

Sorry, I pick neither.

7|0
    0|0
  • You do realize that it’s really fucked up to wear white to a wedding that isn’t yours right?

5|0
    0|0
    • nope didn't know, didn't read handbook

• Show All
    • wow that sounds cool and avant-garde

• It should be good. my sister’s wedding was a pretty good to. There was a lightsaber fight in the middle of the ceremony, and she and her husband officiated it themselves.

• Something about 1 reminds me of a drunk middle aged housewife living with a rich husband... has 2 kids but doesn't give them much attention because she wants to gossip with the other rich housewives over a glass of wine...

I like 2 , its much more elegant... and you're going to look really pretty in that but the back thing might annoy you.. I think

2|0
    0|0
  • Are you trying to upstage the bride? I think you should tone it down a bit.

7|0
    0|0
  • white peplum minidress with bijoux and tulle ruffle in back

1|0
    0|0
  • In the west we leave whit for the bride. If that is not your case I prefer the first one.

2|0
    0|0
  • Rule number one, never wear white to someone else's wedding!

3|1
    0|1
    • Right! Or at least ask the bride for her opinion beforehand. Some brides don’t care about traditions. Whereas others would feel outshined & such. It’s just decent politeness.

• The colour which will suit you are white, black, red, pink, most choose something from these colours

1|1
    0|0
  • I think the second. In UK we wdnt choose white as that might distract from bride's white dress...

3|0
    0|0
  • Well, you don't have to look so beautiful that, the groom dumps her and proposes you lmfao.
    White is more beautiful I guess

0|1
    0|0
  • Second one the other girls don't really wear white to a wedding where I'm from

1|0
    0|0
  • pastel mint with bijoux and sheer organdy long in back

1|0
    0|0
  • The white is very elegant and beautiful where as the mint looks like a prom dress.

1|0
    0|0
  • Neither. They are not appropriate wedding attire.

7|0
    0|0
  • I'd stay away from white for the occasion 😊

6|0
    0|0
  • Both look like prom dresses

2|0
    0|0
  • They are both shit lmao

3|1
    0|0
  • That white one #1 Rocks. Sexy as hell

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't wear white to someone else's wedding

3|1
    0|0
  • The second one is much more appropriate.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 39

• It's highly disrespectful wearing white to a wedding unless it's your own.
    So the second dress.

1|0
    0|0
  • This wedding seems like a very formal, Black-Tie event by the dresses you chose. I would pick the mint colored dress. Mostly as a precaution to how most brides would feel offended if a guest wore white next to them. It’s best to ask the bride if she’s OK with any color/style of a dress. Like my sister-in-law said she felt outshined by one of her own bridesmaids. She gave us a color & let us pick our own dress. Well one girl thought a super, short club type cocktail number was totally appropriate.

1|0
    0|0
    • how can a girl in a short cocktail dress outshine the bride in her bridal gown?

• Show All
    • i just want to wear the designs i like, i don't think about if it matches me let alone what others are thinking about the dress and me

• Well when going to someone’s personal event like a wedding, you need to think about others going. If you do like the first, pick a different color.

• Isn't it kind of an unwritten rule not to wear a white dress as a guest on the wedding? Do you not like the bride lmao.

3|1
    0|0
    • not everyone is an expert on weddings
      i've never talked about weddings to anyone

• Oh okay then. Well, go with the mint one. White is for the bride.

• I think I've heard somewhere that you shouldn't wear a white dress to another person's wedding, so maybe you should stear clear of that. (Even though that's a beautiful dress)

5|0
    0|0
  • If the blue one didn’t have the train and even then the sheer cut outs are too much. What does the invitation say the dress code is?

3|0
    0|0
  • They’re both kind of cheesy. Plus, they look like prom dresses.

3|0
    0|0
    • how do you distinguish prom dresses from party dresses? 🧐

• Prom dresses are usually really elaborate, like the second dress. Lots of crystals, frills, etc. While I wouldn’t say a wedding (or the wedding reception for guests) is a party, i’d say something simple would be good. Definitely not either of those dresses. A nice mint green dress that doesn’t have too much decoration would be great, though. Just a plain mint dress. Simple, but doesn’t take attention away from the bride

• B, the bride might be offended if another woman wore white to her wedding. I’ve seen it happen.

3|0
    0|0
    • why did the guest wear white if this is common sense?

• I have no idea! I guess she didn’t think it would be a big deal, but it was.

• If it were my wedding I wouldn’t have cared, but I know there are a lot of other brides who wouldn’t like that.

• Don’t wear white to someone else’s wedding, it’s disrespectful, it’s the ‘rules’ of attending a wedding. So any colour other than white 😊

4|1
    0|0
  • I like number 2 because the cokor white is for the vride not the guest. Save the color white for your wedding. You dont want to ruin your own wedding surprise.

3|0
    0|0
  • As a wedding guest, you NEVER wear white to a wedding unless directly specified by the bride (or groom.. eh).

3|1
    0|0
  • It's only polite not to wear white and stealing the attention from the bride.

1|0
    0|0
    • how is it stealing attention from the bride?

• The bride is the only women who wears white. So if you also wear white people will look at you and compare your dress to the brides. What is very rude

• I’m not a huge fan of either. If you’re a guest at a wedding, you shouldn’t be wearing white. That color is only for the bride in my opinion.

2|0
    0|0
  • Pastel mint, I think the white should be reserved for the bride :)

2|1
    0|0
  • Green for sure! You never wear white to a wedding :)

3|0
    0|0
  • B because it's impolite usually to wear white to a wedding that isn't yours but also because I find it more elegant and beautiful

1|0
    0|0
  • 2 you shouldn't wear white to a wedding even cream is a no go too!

2|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not white. Only the bride should be in white on her wedding day.

1|0
    0|0
    • I didn’t read the rest of the comments on this before I posted mine, but I’ve just noticed how many men are aware of this - I’m impressed!

• Genuinely concerned for the health of the first model

1|0
    0|0
  • Are you trying to outshine the bride?

4|0
    0|0
  • the bride should be the only woman wearing white. it is also polite to not overdress so that she looks the best haha

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes