Why do some people deny the true purpose and target audience of a woman wearing makeup?

It should be self evident that makeup is to gain attention, favorable opinion, and attraction from men. Almost every aspect of makeup is, by design, for increasing sexual appeal and attraction. The color red for example, is commonly used to color a woman’s lips and it is well-known that during sexual arousal, red in the face can be an indicator of that. The contouring of the face is another example of creating a more pleasant, more feminine, and overall more alluring image to attract the opposite sex. Some women will say that they were makeup for other women and for their own self-esteem/confidence but even that isn’t entirely true. The more attention and favorable appeal a woman has due to makeup, the more confident she feels and acts. It’s obvious. The more of this a woman has, the high chance she has of outdoing other women. It’s a competition, in a large way.

4736

Most Helpful Girls

• I agree with you PLM. Everyone says “Oh I wear it for myself”. If you do it for yourself, you’d wear it while home alone in sweats, while sleeping, and pretty much every moment every day. I personally wear it (concealer and mascara. Foundation feels too heavy and gross) to feel and be more attractive. There’s no shame in that— it’s why we keep our hygiene good, our hair in a specific style, wear clean clothes, wear perfume/cologne (because both sexes have been proven to be attracted to certain smells), and hate when we have a pimple. Biologically, we’re made to try and attract a mate, however we can.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • As someone who is only just "getting into" makeup, I disagree. Attracting men with it is literally my last thought. After watching 20+ makeup tutorials on YouTube, I'm mostly fascinated by the art of it all. Also I want to practice my skills before I have to be a bridesmaid in a couple months. Want to look picture ready!

But yeah, whenever I think of wearing makeup out and about, I picture being confident in myself and getting complimented by girls (who understand the work that goes into a good makeup look). Guys are an afterthought.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guys

• The Asker has got this whole thing back to front!
    The Asker proceeded to TELL women why they wear make -up - he did not ask!!
    How about NOT assuming anything, and just let them answer why they wear make-up.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • The asker gave his own insight and wanted to this question and also wanted to hear what others wanted to say. The asker can do both and has done both.

• Well, that’s your interpretation and you’re entitled to it. But saying I plagiarized from Jordan Peterson is wrong in every way.

• @Policelivesmatter , Actually, @Armourdillo is bang on the money saying that you're plagiarising- copying someone's work and not crediting is literally what plagiarism is...
      Even when you've been called out, you haven't referenced it- learn to use your own brain instead of stealing things.
      Even if you don't use something in it's entirety, you reference it, there should be no more than 15% matching text.

• these females be lying
    it may not be gender specific but they obviously do it so people can be like ''wow she is so pretty'' or maybe so she won't pale in comparison to other people. It's always about looking attractive to other people. Not for themselves. By what they're saying, it's as if there's literally no other people on Earth, I figure that they'll probably dress up and go outside to look good for ''themselves'' if that's what they're claiming lol. There's always a target audience that doesn't refer to them, and when it does refer to them, it's triggered by the same target audience that they're trying to attract..
    Or maybe... Maybe... they're telling the truth and are simply doing it for themselves like someone casually going to get their ears pierced, nose piercing or belly piercing or tattoos, or hair styling/cut.. Hmmm..

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE