Is this shirt okay to wear to school?

Is this shirt too low cut to wear to school? I'm in 8th grade if that makes a difference.Is this shirt okay to wear to school?Is this shirt okay to wear to school?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't think you should wear it even if your school does allow it. Just sends the wrong message to all pre puberty boys.

0|0
    0|2
    • What message?

• This answer is bullshit. The message it sends to boys is what? This shirt is perfectly fine unless you over are an over sexual moron who thinks they can do as they please.

• Unless directly against your school policy this shirt is fine. Anyone who tells you it sends the "wrong" message, or give boys an excuse needs to realise opinions like that are part of the problem. Women don't dress wrong. Men and boys are brought up to think wrong.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Probably depends how you wear it~ if you wear very modest clothes on your lower half and not show off any bare skin on your legs, then it might be ok. However if you worse that top with short shorts or a mini skirt then that would be inappropriate.

1|1
    0|0
  • You're shirt says "look at my boobs"
    The dudes are gonna have the wrong idea, and for freaks sake. You're in 8th grade. Even tho you look older, you might need to change your closet.
    But hey, you are really pretty. Like really really pretty.

1|0
    0|1
    • She is indeed! When you're as pretty as her, you really don't need to show any skin. The only skin you need to show is your face... and the guys will flock to you.

But either ways, it's her business, her body. The culture I come from wouldn't care. But of course, she needs to abide by the school dress code.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 17

• By my standards, it's totally fine. I've never been bothered by people's bodies and the such. As long as the more important stuff is covered, I don't care. Plus, it looks really good on you!

But by school standards, definitely not. None of the middle schools or high schools I went to ever allowed low-cut shirts. The girls would be forced to wear a jacket over it.

Here's my take on it... wear it outside of school when you're hanging out with your friends or whatever. But not in school.

0|0
    0|0
    • Also, considering your age... you're under 18. By how much exactly? In 8th grade most people around me were 13 and 14. So that's what I assume you are.

You wearing such a low-cut shirt at such a young age could sort of set off a wrong vibe among-st older adults who see you, and attract attention you're not prepared to deal with from guys.

So you might want to wait till you're at least 16 or 17 to wear a shirt like that.

I'm not saying those older adults judging you on your clothing or that the pervy guys are right! But it's sort of the world we live in.

I myself have never been bothered by skin showing, on anyone, of any age, of any weight or body type. But the majority of society is, so... yeah.

• The shirt is nice, but too low-cut, so I'd ssy avoid it.

0|0
    0|1
  • wear whatever your comfortable with and what makes you happy. i don't know if your school has a dress code though

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel sorry for your father. I am sure he does his best to handle you/her.

0|0
    1|1
  • Your boobs are exposed and boys will not be comfortable

0|0
    1|1
  • This just seems like an excuse to show off your bewbies. Naughty!

0|0
    1|1
  • I wouldn't see why not. I'd expect lots of compliments tbh aha

0|0
    0|1
  • Too low cut for school

1|1
    0|0
  • Tbh I don’t think that’s appropriate for school.

2|1
    0|0
  • Probably not

0|1
    0|0
  • if u want guys looking at ur boobs yes

0|0
    0|1
  • Can I be honest

0|1
    0|1
  • I don't think so.

0|1
    0|0
  • nice, and not looking at shirt

0|0
    0|1
  • I don't know

0|0
    0|1
  • I picked the wrong one sorry, You would look very nice in that shirt,

0|0
    0|1
  • No it's perfectly fine. Your fine by the way

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 10

• Yeah, especially for a 13/14 year old. I think the standard rule is that a shirt can’t go below the width of three fingers from your collar bone.

1|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the school policy but for your age that is to much showing.

2|0
    0|1
  • No, it's not. It's too low cut. If your school have a dresscode you can be forced to wear a jacket to cover it up. It happened to a girl in my class.

0|1
    0|0
    • Hey little ghost! But either ways, ah yes, those were the days! Girls getting dress coded for showing cleavage, and being forced to wear a jacket. Happened everyday in my middle and high schools, haha.

By my standards it's fine, I've never been bothered by skin showing on anyone, of any age or body type/weight... but by society's standards it's definitely not okay.

• Show All
    • Wow... that's the most stupid shit I have ever heard, lol. Shorts are worn as gender-neutral comfort for when it's hot! It has nothing to do with the beach, lmao.

And your friends sure don't sound like they were very smart. What's wrong with showing a bit of knee and thigh when it's 100 degrees out? Lmao.

Yep... from what you described, it IS hard, lol.

• @JuarezTheCurious French school are stupid and their dress code is horrible, we were forbidden to wear jeans and regular t shirt because it was too casual but legging with a short shirt were authorized. There's no logic in their dress code.

They follow French fashion / trends, most of my friends wear skinny jeans in summer and after they complain of the heat XD
      They wear jeans because they think they're too fat / chubby to wear short / skirt / dress but if it's hot it's better not to wear long pants...

It's hard too because if you aren't fashion you get so much shit for it, in middle school I got bullied for wearing a sweatpants, cowboys boots, winter boots, sweater,...
      They didn't liked my clothes because it wasn't trendy and bullied me because of it. They wanted me to wear tube top and skinny jeans at 10 - 11 -_-

• In my opinion it is and if I had a daughter I wouldn't like it

1|0
    0|1
  • if you wear a shirt under that to cover up your cleavage then it's fine

0|0
    0|1
  • For 8th grade? Yeah kind.

2|1
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|1
    0|0
  • You can wear it

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah too much

1|1
    0|0
  • School's usually have dress codes that prohibit the exposure of cleavage.

0|1
    0|0
    • Mine doesn't but I just don't want people to think I'm a slut. Girls with smaller boobs have worn shirts like this before to school but I don't know if because I have bigger boobs it's considered sluttier or not.

Recommended myTakes