How long could I realistically pull off not buying clothes?

For the last couple of weeks I've noticed I've lost a significant amount of weight... I usually just wear leggings and t shirts. However my normal clothes don't fit me lol. Would I look ridiculous if I just wear clean gym clothes until summer when my body looks better and I've seen more results?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel ya. A few years ago I went through crazy changes due to puberty and working out (my boobs became DD, my waist from 28 to 24 inches etc). At the time I was buying my own clothes, and it cost a hell of a lot. Like, I stopped buying other stuff to buy new clothes.
    I think you should invest in a really good sweatshirt you can wear, or buy a few pieces. That way you’re not spending loads of money on a ton of clothes, you can wear the same ones over and over if you wash them and take decent care of them, and repeat until you’re at your desired size.
    Just out of curiosity, what IS your desired size?

1|0
    0|0
    • It’s not really about money. I just don’t want to buy stuff that won’t fit me. Rn I’m at a medium and stuff is fitting too loose from my waist. I mean it’s not a specific size it’s just I want to wear super fitted clothes. I figured you I’d wait but I don't know if I’ll look like a complete dike. Lol I’m already lesbian I don’t need to look like a dude.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• That's up to you chica. If you like how you look in gym clothes then go for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wear the right cloths that will fit your weight loss

And lord have mercy 😍

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m asexual

1|2
    0|0
  • Keep up the good work. and wait till u get to desired weight.

1|0
    0|0
  • just wear night clothes until you get to desired weight

1|0
    0|0
  • Start saving money.

1|0
    0|0
    • I have money I just don’t want to buy clothes that won’t fit me

• Show All
    • Well good luck. I genuinely hope it works out for you. It’s hard but if I can do it you can do it.

• Thanks! I will try my best.

• You look bae in your new pic

1|0
    0|0
  • Forever

1|0
    0|0
  • forever realistically

1|0
    0|0
  • Everyone wears gym clothes every day do it

1|0
    0|0
  • I think it's okay

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• I mean as long as you don't have any formal events or work situations that would require you to wear specific clothing, the summer is only a few months away, so I think you could make it. You may want to try thrifting some cheap "in between sizes" clothing that doesn't cost a whole ton to tide you over if your clothes really do start falling off you.

1|0
    0|0
  • If there's no need for formal wear, rock out the casual comfy style till summer comes around. Or why not try shrinking your clothes! If you've got stuff from cotton, polyester or jeans you wish to shrink, wash them in hot water on the longest cycle and dry them on high. I've done that to a few of my baggy clothes to form a slimmer fit.

1|0
    0|0
    • Hmm I’ll try that

• Try it out! I hope it works out for ya! The shirt in my display pic was a size M, but a bit too baggy for my liking as the sleeves were droopy looking. So I tried shrinking it and it worked. I saw the hack online 🙂

• Yeah I’ll definitely try it thanks

• FREE THE NIPPLES!!!

1|0
    0|0
  • No, that’s fine.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes