How do you clean out your closet and update your wardrobe?

Cleaning out an unorganized closet with so many things that you have accumulated throughout the years can be a daunting task. Where do you being? How do you know what to get rid of and what to keep? You really just want to get rid of everything and start over, however the budget doesn't always allow for that. What are your tips on updating your wardrobe?How do you clean out your closet and update your wardrobe?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• First off try on the clothes it doesn’t fit, toss it!
    Start out with the clothes you never wear.

1|0
    0|0
  • Take everything out and lay it down, choose anything you want to keep, and sell/donate the rest. Then slowly build your wardrobe back up as you get the money for it.

1|0
    0|0
    • To be fair I never understood why girls need so many outfits anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hm. I 'd say keep items that fit you now. If you still like how they look and if they're still usable, that is. Then maybe make a chart of all the activities and events you attend. What takes up most of your time and what kinds of clothes would you spend most of your time in? Then you can start eliminating items that you'd never wear again or you just don't have enough use for. If you have some that you like but can't wear just now, keep one or two outfits just in case. Main thing is to keep the stuff you actually wear on a daily basis and that fit you well.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Stop using Facebook, Instagram, and forget whatever happens over the internet,. There will be hell more memory space left that you can even become a Doctor

0|0
    0|0
  • Go in with the attitude of throwing everything out! What holds sentimental value gets to stay for round two lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Sell what you dont need
    Invest in what you need
    Zen applied to wardrobe

0|0
    0|0
  • Take it all to goodwill and then go to walmart for new cloths

0|0
    0|0
  • My closet looks like it belongs to a newly-housed hobo, there's barely anything in there

0|0
    0|0
  • Just keep the needed amount, donate the rest.

0|0
    0|0
  • At this point, my closet is pretty lean.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hi babe girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Have 2 sets of clothing and just wear one wash the other and do that

0|0
    0|0
  • I been wearing shit since 2007, fuck a clean out

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• I usually take everything out of the closet, sort through what I still can fit into, what I still like and what I actually wear.
    The things I decide to get rid of, I either would give to red cross or something or H&M (at least in my country, you get a 25% coupon when donating one full bag of clothing)

1|0
    0|0
  • Ask yourself do I need it? Do I wear it? Can I wear? And what could I wear it with something else? If the answer is no donate them to the charity shop. For updating your wardrobe buy investment pieces like a leather jacket they never go out of fashion and the practically go with everything

1|0
    0|0
    • And when buying something think about what else it will go with in your wardrobe

• My closet color coordinated. Within each color section I have my zip up sweaters, long sleeved, short sleeved, tank tops and spaghetti tops in that order. When I’m looking for a specific color shirt i can easily tell if it’s clean or not. I just swapped my winter cloths with my summer ones. I went through and tossed the ones I haven’t wore. When I buy new clothes I try and buy simple shirts that will pair well with my other clothes. Shirts can easily be dressed up with accessories.

1|0
    0|0
  • I throw everything on the ground and begin to watch every clothes I have and organize everything like I want in my closet.
    I personally I keep every of my clothes and just put them in my parents bedroom to take them back when I want like this I have place for new clothes.
    I don't have any problem with budget so I can't really help on that, generally I like to wait for big sales to buy.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I haven't worn it in a few years it's gone. LOL hahaha As for updating things I don't worry about whats in fashion. Mostly I buy & wear what fits good & what is comfortable.

1|0
    0|0
  • First I go trough all the old clothes that I dont want then begin with clothes that are too small.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just sort though and get rid of things that I did never or rarely wear

1|0
    0|0
  • i repack my wardrobe every month or two, and i sell what seems out of my own style:)

1|0
    0|0
  • That's not possible for me. Even when i clean it up, it always get back messy again😒

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes