How do you stop caring about what others think?

How can I love myself again? How can I feel pretty again? How can I stop caring about what other people think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• So hear me out. I hated myself for a long time and didn't think I was good looking and depressed and all that shit.
    What I did was every day I would shower and stand in front of the mirror naked. I would then force myself to compliment myself, call myself sexy, smack my ass, get silly. But after awhile I didn't even have to lie to myself, I just felt happy and confident. "Fake it til you make it."

3|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• There you have the answer, take time out to evaluate yourself to make *you* feel better, everyone has flaws and if you want to change something it must come from you not from pleasing anyone else. people might just be picking on you coz they are negative about themselves i. e they don't truly love themselves with their own flaws so they pick on others, usually it's a taught behavior. They treat you as they have been treated, find people who are more postive and can validate your worth with compassion and true concern. The rest are just losers, they aren't helpful, lose 'em and be happy. Or just ignore and wake up each day postively thankful for the things you are good at and love yourself. Example, you may have beautiful feet, hair, smile. Or whatever, motivational self-tslk and good friends.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• Hate to break this to you, but other people probably don't really spend every waking hour thinking about you.

It would probably be very healthy for you to stop worrying about what other people think.

2|0
    0|0
  • I do this and it's really simple. Just do, say and think what makes you happy. Because what others say, won't always make you happy. And it is impossible to make others happy for more than a short period of time, so if that's what you try to do, then you'll be trapped in an endless cycle. Of them being unhappy and you trying to make them happy.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think trying to feel pretty is one of your problems. Instead you should rather try to feel comfortable in your skin. Just focus on what makes you feel good and when you follow these activities you will probably meet people you get along better with.

0|0
    0|0
  • Find something that you enjoy doing and do it as much as possible. Or learn to dance. Salsa is excellent for you self esteem. Trust me i was the shyest guy in the world Salsa has helped me find confidence i never knew i had.

0|0
    0|0
  • Use the reason, in what will actually change who you are if people think one or other thing? The only person that can change who you are is yourself, so whatever they say will be just a perception of the limited vision they have of you.
    Love your self, I swear a don't even know who you are, but I love you. If I do it and I don't got a clue of who or how you are, why you can't do that to?

0|0
    0|0
  • Just remember nobody really cares.

I know in your teen years you think everything you do matters and someone is like watching your every single move. In reality tho nobody gives a rats ass what you're doing.

Did that help?

0|0
    0|0
  • Looking yourself at the mirror and remembering who you really are.
    Apart if people say things you dont agree with what you see at the mirror, look for other people

0|0
    0|0
  • I was with a friend he was with a doctor there the doctor was telling to a person about the same thing... so you aslo need to see a doctor... its not a big deal... you will be fine soon

0|0
    0|0
  • Remember that if someone doesn't apport anything to your life, you don't have to deal with the person. 99% won't. Also remeber that life is one. Don't regret having waste it on people.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care about what other think about me.. but that does not mean i love myself.. thats a big difference

0|0
    0|0
  • It can't happen. this is only talking... if you try to stop caring you can't do it properly you will still have some effect of them on you

0|0
    0|0
  • Knowing your benefits and love yourself regardless of your flaws.

0|0
    0|0
  • just thinking about then positive things people said about you

0|0
    0|0
  • You are beautiful sweetheart!

0|0
    0|0
  • You just stop caring

1|0
    0|0
  • By focusing on what matters to you!!

0|0
    0|0
  • You know what you need to know. Just do it!

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you wanna talk?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• Well, begin by telling yourself each time you begin to care, that your opinion of yourself is the one that matters not theirs. And also if you allow a person to cause you become upset or angry because of their opinion, it means that you are allowing them to have control over your feelings. Whenever you begin to get upset, take deep breaths and try to relax and tell yourself over and over again "I won't let them control me."

1|0
    0|0
  • By realizing not only do their perceptions play no physical part in your life, but by also realizing it holds you back to care.

Person: I think your hair looks stupid.
    Me: So?
    Person: So... I think it looks stupid.
    Me: Okay... I understand. But so what? I'm not gonna change it and I don't care either way.
    Person: *explodes*

0|0
    0|0
  • What if you are paranoid and just afraid of what they might say? I know I was. I dont really have an answer for how to love yourself and be confident because thats something I never learned. I mean I love myself and I'm confident now because I've changed and fixed everything that I didn't like about myself but I couldnt just love my self with all of my insecurites.

0|0
    0|0
  • u have to compliment yourself everyday! i've been doing this for 3yrs and i still feel bad about myself often, but i'm in a much better place mentally. good luck

0|0
    0|1
  • Let things they say go in one ear and out the other. Think about things you like about yourself. Try positive affirmations in a journal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Practice makes perfect
    One step at a time... it might take a while, but do something that makes you feel good... do your dishes, clean something, organize your emails... it gives you a spark to grow with... put on makeup for fun, or your favourite outfit and compliment yourself... if you have a good hair day, say it out loud... if someone else compliments you, look in the mirror later, and agree with them... find your favourite feature and say that you like it... what do you not want to change about yourself? What makes you you both physically and personality-wise and build off that

0|0
    0|0
  • Everytime u feel ur not pretty just remember this quote “You are so used to ur own features you don’t know how beautiful you are in someone else’s eyes”. Just always love urself and who u are cuz there is always someone dying to be you and prays to god to have something u have that they don’t. Also remember that if you keep aiming to make people happy you’ll go nowhere in life and you’ll be let down all the time. Even if you make people happy they’ll make up some Bs and make u upset cuz they never want to see u doing good. Do what makes you happy and have confidence in urself by letting ur unique features and amazing perso shine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to put their crap on MUTE mode.

1|0
    0|0
  • I just don't care others.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes