Isn’t this overweight?

This post is incredibly frustrating. Overweight people (and yes she’s overweight I’m not body shaming it’s clear she’s overweight) basically get praised for being “beautiful” and to “accept their curves.” Now if that was a female half her size and of normal weight and NO where near being anorexic or skinny, she would be slammed with negativity like:

“You need to gain weight.”
“You need some meat on them bones.”
“You look like a twig that could easily be broken.”

The same way some people come at skinny people saying they need to gain weight is the same way people need to come at fat people saying they need to lose weight.

This is exactly why I never post pictures of myself on social media in my bathing suit and even in normal everyday clothing because all I would hear is how my arms look like “sticks” and how my legs look like “twigs” and I’m no where near being anorexic, I’m just really petite, I’m 4’11.

Does anyone feel that in today’s society and basically the whole world that Obesity is something that has become okay? I’m not body shaming her. Body shaming is calling her a fat-ass, fat motherfucker and so on and so forth. The world would rather have sugar coated lies than the truth some people desperately need. I mean come on, does this Really look good?Isn’t this overweight?

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• 7 months ago, I was 410 lbs. I'm now about 335. I too was listening to these "body positivity" idiots that were saying it's ok. I woke up one day and said, I don't want to be like this anymore.

4|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I am so glad you woke now and you’ve come to a realization that the weight you were at wasn’t okay and you could look and feel a whole lot better if you would’ve just lose it!

• Please do body shame her. That is disgusting and incredibly unhealthy.
    But yes you are correct, for some reason it's okay to be overweight but if you naturally fit into a models body type you automatically have an eating disorder. It's just another case of being "pc" and going way, way too far with it.

2|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• That is morbidly obese and should not be praised.
    A healthy body is what should be embraced and praised. Not fat, not overly skinny. I agree that body acceptance has gotten out of hand. If the person is thick or just slightly overweight but lives a healthy life then I am all for the positivity, but if that person eats like shit and lives a lazy life and then wants people to accept, I am not for that. Same for a skinny lazy person. Just because your tiny doesn't mean your healthy. We should focus on those people who eat well, exercise and treat their bodies with respect.

4|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Thats the highest level obese, not overweight.
    I agree, people think being u healthy is fine as long as they're "happy" - bullshit you're happy barely being able to walk.

3|0
    0|0
  • She is clearly overweight it's not rude it's true I'm not sure why u would say curves and she has none but I will just as easily say if I see a women who looks painfully skinny that she needs some weight

1|0
    0|0
    • I said curves because some other person really thought she had some “beautiful” curves. People are really confused.

• There are no curves rolls maybe but not curves

• I got some meat on my ribs and I'm working to change that. I, for one, don't comment much on other's bodies but if the person is fat I won't mince words. We have publicly funded health care and I don't want to pay for easily preventable coronary diseases.

1|0
    0|0
  • I am assuming she is a BBW model which there is a huge demand for. She is just self-promoting and that is the way a lot of the BBW models do it but it is getting old.

Yes I agree it is weird.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can thank the Kardashian's for this ridiculous thick is best mentality!

1|1
    0|0
  • Please god kill me now, I don't want to live with image in my brain.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any tips for cleaning vomit off my phone?

0|0
    0|0
  • ick
    thats fucking discusting

1|0
    0|0
  • Yukkkkkk

1|0
    0|0
  • Yuk
    Please don't do this to us

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• The issue when society is that everyone carries their weight differently!! No matter how big or small I get I will never have the kardashian body. You can never win!

When I weigh a few pounds more I'm curves everywhere including the stomach or when i'm at my skinniest I'm flat everywhere including a small butt and chest. Some people will just never have the hourglass figure no matter how much they workout!

1|0
    0|0
  • I think someone should look the way they want to as long as they're healthy and happy. I am overweight, but I also exercise and make sure I am healthy while being happy with how my body looks.

1|0
    0|0
  • She is overweight to the point that its life threatening. That is not okay, and should never be seen as okay. Just like being highly underweight isn't okay! The only weights that should be accepted and praised are healthy ones

1|0
    0|0
  • she's morbidly obese. People shouldn't glorify and promote illness

1|0
    0|0
  • People just say it’s “unhealthy” so they don’t look like a dick while calling her fat. She’s not promoting obesity or anything like that. She’s just taking a picture. Let the girl be... damn.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes