Isn’t this overweight?

This post is incredibly frustrating. Overweight people (and yes she’s overweight I’m not body shaming it’s clear she’s overweight) basically get praised for being “beautiful” and to “accept their curves.” Now if that was a female half her size and of normal weight and NO where near being anorexic or skinny, she would be slammed with negativity like:

“You need to gain weight.”
“You need some meat on them bones.”
“You look like a twig that could easily be broken.”

The same way some people come at skinny people saying they need to gain weight is the same way people need to come at fat people saying they need to lose weight.

This is exactly why I never post pictures of myself on social media in my bathing suit and even in normal everyday clothing because all I would hear is how my arms look like “sticks” and how my legs look like “twigs” and I’m no where near being anorexic, I’m just really petite, I’m 4’11.

Does anyone feel that in today’s society and basically the whole world that Obesity is something that has become okay? I’m not body shaming her. Body shaming is calling her a fat-ass, fat motherfucker and so on and so forth. The world would rather have sugar coated lies than the truth some people desperately need. I mean come on, does this Really look good?Isn’t this overweight?

612

Most Helpful Guys

• 7 months ago, I was 410 lbs. I'm now about 335. I too was listening to these "body positivity" idiots that were saying it's ok. I woke up one day and said, I don't want to be like this anymore.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I am so glad you woke now and you’ve come to a realization that the weight you were at wasn’t okay and you could look and feel a whole lot better if you would’ve just lose it!

• Please do body shame her. That is disgusting and incredibly unhealthy.
    But yes you are correct, for some reason it's okay to be overweight but if you naturally fit into a models body type you automatically have an eating disorder. It's just another case of being "pc" and going way, way too far with it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• That is morbidly obese and should not be praised.
    A healthy body is what should be embraced and praised. Not fat, not overly skinny. I agree that body acceptance has gotten out of hand. If the person is thick or just slightly overweight but lives a healthy life then I am all for the positivity, but if that person eats like shit and lives a lazy life and then wants people to accept, I am not for that. Same for a skinny lazy person. Just because your tiny doesn't mean your healthy. We should focus on those people who eat well, exercise and treat their bodies with respect.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE