Any tips on how to maintain healthy, fast growing hair?

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep hair healthy and split end free? I have curly hair and straighten it regularly which I know takes its toll on my locks. Also, any ways on how to grow my hair out fast?

Thanks guys!

199

Most Helpful Guy

• Rub McDonald's french fries on your head. Scientific studies have found that if you do that to a bald person it acts like rogain.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girls

• Ok, invest in a SILK night cap, this keeps hair from rubbing against the pillow that causes hair to fall out, bald spot, split ends etc. And as a person with curly hair myself, this keeps your culs protected and protects against knotting that can cause hair to rip out. The silk of the cap helps to also protect your hair from static, which is why you need a SILK night cap. Also, to keep it nice, I use Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie, this will help keep your hair from drying out, because showering and the night cap may do that, but this will also help protect the curls. To keep hair long, Biotin pills can also help!!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
  • Ok so first heat damages ur hair and slows the growing process so at least try to cut down i use to use heat on my hair all the time but i eventually cut it down by a lot i only do it maybe once every three months or less or just on special occasions. Im pretty sure u already know this but when u do apply heat use a heat protectant spray or some type of hair oil. Try using more hair masks im still trying to do that maybe every two weeks if u want maybe once a week just be careful make sure its not a very strong abrasive hair mask. I dont know how often u cut ur hair but i would recommend at least every six months some people do it more or less but it depends on ur hair and preference if u want u can maybe try every 4 months. Another suggestion is even if u dont use heat i would still recommend using a hair oil it helps so much just dont put to much. I know some people think this is gross but try not to take a shower everyday maybe every three days? It really helps so that ur hair builds more oil which helps. Someone else pointed this out but cold showers does help i dont remember why or how but it does. An extra step to take if u want is vitamins for ur hair (biotin). But in my opionion the thing that helped me the most was washing my hair way less trust me🙂

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE