Are short girls more attractive than tall girls?

I am a tall girl and pretty much believe this is true so I'm pretty sure most of humanity prefers and likes short girls. That's just how it is.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Wow a lot of answers! And I know that most people voted no but about 51 guys voted yes. But no opinions about it haha.
Well a lot of men voted yes , shows that the height preferences go both ways for both genders. And at least some men were truthful in their opinions !

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's kind of a win-win. The guys feels like a protecter and the girl feels safe and protected.

I think the biggest hurdle for guys when thinking about a tall gorl is that almost every girl wants a guy taller than her, and guys want to be attractive to the woman. It doesn't feel great to feel unattractive even if they themselves don't care about her height, and that's bound to turn many guys off

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think most guys date girls either out of insecurity or just preference. I also think some people look goofy being tall or short and others don't.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 64

• You need to also remember that virtually all supermodels are quite tall.

Look, I'm a shorter guy, so instantly if I were standing next to a taller girl like yourself, it would be apparent to everyone around us, but here's the thing... I still find tall women seriously attractive. I think what you might be interpreting as guys finding your height less attractive is actually a combination of two things: male insecurity and your own insecurity.

Look it, would I be a little reluctant to ask a gorgeous tall woman out? Yes, yes I would, because I have it in my head that WOMEN don't like men to be shorter than them, but NOT because I find her less attractive. If I figured out that she was confident enough and attracted enough to me even though I'm a little vertically challenged (especially if she was even willing to wear heels when out with me), this would probably vault her into HYPER-attractive territory with me.

So if this is just a worry on your part and doesn't come with a huge dose of "I really hate that I can't find a guy taller than me", then just own your majestic height, flirt with guys shorter than you, wear heels, and I'll bet you the confidence will result in plenty of mostly very secure men (who might be just a little unsure if their lack of height would mark them off your personal dance card) fawning on you.

1|0
    0|0
  • People have different preferences on this.
    Personally I prefer girls that's shorter then me.
    But hight isn't a deal breaker.

That said, relationships *tend* to work better long term when the man is the one with the most height and the most income from a purly statistical point of view...

1|0
    0|0
  • It wouldn't effect my opinion in the end, but I've always wanted to date a girl as tall as me. It would be just one more thing we would understand about each other (tall people problems).

1|0
    0|0
  • Every day I read questions like this. Are women with that prettier, or women with that...

The fact is, the only thing that makes you pretty is yourself and your confidence. If you are (honestly!!!) happy with your appearance, others will find you pretty as well.

And dont tell me, that radical body-possitive obese people are truly happy with their body, because we are not. I have been there and although we pretend to be happy, we wish we were someone else...

1|0
    0|0
  • Reason being for me, I like to pick up a woman and just do all sort of things with her that I imagine can be a turn on. That in mind, my only issue that women at 5ft are asking for 6ft dudes. It's a bit of absurd.

1|0
    0|0
  • Tall and short all beautiful. The second you think you have a type you may meet that person who breaks the mold. Sadly for tall girls it's not that they don't think your beautiful it's that they consciously choose to look elsewhere due to societal pressures. Do tall girls generally look for short guys? Nah... Basicly same thing. Break the cycle hit on a confident short guy. Or start playing Co ed volleyball find you a mountain of a man who's athletic tall and probably not a meathead.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like girls that are 5'0, useless, impossible to have spontaneous sex with and are either chubby, or so frail they can barely close a car door. Here honey, let me bend deeply at the waist to kiss you!

5'7 and above.

0|0
    1|0
  • Different people have different preferences and therefore different idea about what is more attractive. Although I wouldn't turn down a woman for her height, I very much prefer tall women, also ones taller than me. Their legs are a big draw. There are a lot of tall women where I live, so that may also have something to do with it.

As I see it, the real issue surrounding tall women is whether they are OK with dating a guy who isn't taller than them since it is assumed that they are not. If she is, she'll have lots of guys who are very excited about getting to know her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not true. It depends on the guy. I dont like super short girls. It's hard to hold their hand and shit. Girls taller than me make me feel inferior. But. I get over it if you like the girl. Her height isn't gonna bother you

0|1
    0|0
  • Tall, short, or in between, personally I don't care. Although height is a physical quality, it doesn't factor into whether or not I'm physically attracted to a girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• I wouldn't say so, i mean there is plenty of beautiful tall women.
    It just depends on the person and what suits them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think one is necessarily more attractive than the other. Both are beautiful and It's pretty subjective. I'm 5'7. To some I may be tall, to others I may be short. My boyfriend is 6'2 so it works out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not be grateful to be alive and healthy? If someone doesn't like you because you're tall screw them. I'm 5'9 and proud. Got it from my dad. Most of humanity prefers a lot of things. Some things we can't control. Ridiculous things we shouldn't feel bad over. Things we can't achieve.
    Just keep a...
    Good attitude
    Have...
    Confidence
    Also...
    Take care of yourself
    There's more to life than just the approval of others.

1|1
    0|0
    • @AfroGirl This is the correct attitude.
      Tyra Banks is 5'10.
      Michelle Obama is 5'11.
      Malia Obama is 6'0.
      Your height is a blessing. Any insecurity about it is not well founded.

• no not true at all. Tall girls are goddesses and its easier to stay thin!

0|1
    0|0
  • way wrong. I'm 6'2"" in heels and I have lots of men who find me attractive. I love walking into a room where I am the tallest person. Lots of attention- I love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty sure no one cares how tall anyone is. Some people have preference for short, some people have preference for tall — but no one will turn you down because you’re “too short” or “too tall” if you both have a good connection.

0|1
    0|0
  • I find women of all sizes incredibly attractive. I tend to be with girls I am taller than but I wouldn't mind being the short one for once either!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not as a rule, no. But it is generally true that guys like to be the taller party.

0|1
    0|0
  • No one cares about height
    Do you have small waist, big butt and cute face? Then you’re good

0|1
    0|0
  • Why do you think most models are all tall?

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes