Are short girls more attractive than tall girls?

I am a tall girl and pretty much believe this is true so I'm pretty sure most of humanity prefers and likes short girls. That's just how it is.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Wow a lot of answers! And I know that most people voted no but about 51 guys voted yes. But no opinions about it haha.
Well a lot of men voted yes , shows that the height preferences go both ways for both genders. And at least some men were truthful in their opinions !

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• It's kind of a win-win. The guys feels like a protecter and the girl feels safe and protected.

I think the biggest hurdle for guys when thinking about a tall gorl is that almost every girl wants a guy taller than her, and guys want to be attractive to the woman. It doesn't feel great to feel unattractive even if they themselves don't care about her height, and that's bound to turn many guys off

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think most guys date girls either out of insecurity or just preference. I also think some people look goofy being tall or short and others don't.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 73

• Men lean towards preferring short girls, just as girls prefer tall men. Women tend to find height WAY more important than men, do, though. Nearly all women I know will not date a guy who is too short. But I've never met a guy that would avoid a girl because she is too tall.

1|0
    0|0
    • But you have to remember men are the ones who usually approach women , so obviously he will go for a short girl.
      And believe me , it's just as important for men to be with a short girl/shorter than them as much as girls want tall men.

• But men don't have to approach women, women always have the option. But you are correct.

I really don't think that it is the same, though. Men do like shorter normally, but some prefer taller. But I don't think that guys are avoiding taller girls like women outright avoid short men.

• I dont avoid short men at all, and I approach guys. but it all failed , some even look at me and tell me I scare them or my height is disgusting. I have learned to accept that short girls are more attractive, it is what it is..

• You need to also remember that virtually all supermodels are quite tall.

Look, I'm a shorter guy, so instantly if I were standing next to a taller girl like yourself, it would be apparent to everyone around us, but here's the thing... I still find tall women seriously attractive. I think what you might be interpreting as guys finding your height less attractive is actually a combination of two things: male insecurity and your own insecurity.

Look it, would I be a little reluctant to ask a gorgeous tall woman out? Yes, yes I would, because I have it in my head that WOMEN don't like men to be shorter than them, but NOT because I find her less attractive. If I figured out that she was confident enough and attracted enough to me even though I'm a little vertically challenged (especially if she was even willing to wear heels when out with me), this would probably vault her into HYPER-attractive territory with me.

So if this is just a worry on your part and doesn't come with a huge dose of "I really hate that I can't find a guy taller than me", then just own your majestic height, flirt with guys shorter than you, wear heels, and I'll bet you the confidence will result in plenty of mostly very secure men (who might be just a little unsure if their lack of height would mark them off your personal dance card) fawning on you.

1|0
    0|0
  • People have different preferences on this.
    Personally I prefer girls that's shorter then me.
    But hight isn't a deal breaker.

That said, relationships *tend* to work better long term when the man is the one with the most height and the most income from a purly statistical point of view...

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes very much so. I think short girls are far more attractive then tall girls. Short girls have awesome personalities. plus they look so cute wen they r mad.(: Lol. I'm actually lookin for a short single girl.20+

2|0
    0|0
    • *Natsuki from DDLC*

• Lol sorry I just read this opinion twice and you said short girls have awesome personalities. What does that even mean? So if I say 'I only like tall men because they have awesome personalities ' I don't know what that means?

• It wouldn't effect my opinion in the end, but I've always wanted to date a girl as tall as me. It would be just one more thing we would understand about each other (tall people problems).

1|0
    0|0
  • Tall people should stay with their own kind. 😀
    We don't need these little people (jk I like them too 😘)

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah everyone knows guys like short girls , we get it

• Show All
    • I can say one thing taller people seem to be more chill. Never has a tall guy tried to fight me, always little dudes. Same for woman short girls seem to have more of an additude and be more bitchy.(notall🤗) So there are positives.

• Seems like girls make fun of you because they jelly. Lol 74% of them anyway.

• Every day I read questions like this. Are women with that prettier, or women with that...

The fact is, the only thing that makes you pretty is yourself and your confidence. If you are (honestly!!!) happy with your appearance, others will find you pretty as well.

And dont tell me, that radical body-possitive obese people are truly happy with their body, because we are not. I have been there and although we pretend to be happy, we wish we were someone else...

1|0
    0|0
  • Reason being for me, I like to pick up a woman and just do all sort of things with her that I imagine can be a turn on. That in mind, my only issue that women at 5ft are asking for 6ft dudes. It's a bit of absurd.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sorry, but all the people who voted no are just trying to be nice to all the awkward af tall girls.

2|0
    0|1
    • I kind of agree because a lot of men voted yes...

• @Asker I don't.
      Tyra Banks =5'10. Ireland Baldwin =6'0. Michelle Obama =5'11.

All are elegant and beautiful women.

• Tall and short all beautiful. The second you think you have a type you may meet that person who breaks the mold. Sadly for tall girls it's not that they don't think your beautiful it's that they consciously choose to look elsewhere due to societal pressures. Do tall girls generally look for short guys? Nah... Basicly same thing. Break the cycle hit on a confident short guy. Or start playing Co ed volleyball find you a mountain of a man who's athletic tall and probably not a meathead.

0|0
    0|0
  • I personally find tall girls much better. How tall are you?

0|1
    0|0
    • 5'11. I think it's too tall though I feel like an attractive tall girl would be in the 5'6-5'8 range but any more than that is excessive.

• Show All
    • 5'6-5'8 isn't really tall. Id say 5'8 and up is tall and i believe as long as you're not over 6'4" you can be an extremely attractive girl. Over 6'4 starts looking odd on females

• @Malita55 over 5'8 is when it starts looking odd for females. The proportions and length of everything just becomes really weird. That's something I've noticed. I met very few girls 5'9+ who have good proportions and curvy figure.

• Different people have different preferences and therefore different idea about what is more attractive. Although I wouldn't turn down a woman for her height, I very much prefer tall women, also ones taller than me. Their legs are a big draw. There are a lot of tall women where I live, so that may also have something to do with it.

As I see it, the real issue surrounding tall women is whether they are OK with dating a guy who isn't taller than them since it is assumed that they are not. If she is, she'll have lots of guys who are very excited about getting to know her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not true. It depends on the guy. I dont like super short girls. It's hard to hold their hand and shit. Girls taller than me make me feel inferior. But. I get over it if you like the girl. Her height isn't gonna bother you

0|1
    0|0
  • I like girls that are 5'0, useless, impossible to have spontaneous sex with and are either chubby, or so frail they can barely close a car door. Here honey, let me bend deeply at the waist to kiss you!

5'7 and above.

0|0
    1|0
  • Tall, short, or in between, personally I don't care. Although height is a physical quality, it doesn't factor into whether or not I'm physically attracted to a girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • No problem if you are tall or short it's all about your self confidence.
    I wouldn't had mind to date a tall lady see that I'm 1.98m tall but there more short ladies out there than tall ladies.
    So I'm dating a very short lady at this moment lol 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • personality for me. I have liked tall women and I have liked shorter women depends on the personality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some men prefer short girls. Some men prefer tall girls. Some men prefer girls of average height.

0|0
    0|0
  • Both are very attractive. I have dated women of various heights and some of my best relationships were with tall girls. Being tall myself, I actually prefer a tall woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • For some, tall girls can be a but intimidating. I know a lot of people that would mind walking down the street with a taller girl. They feel less men or something.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 22

• I wouldn't say so, i mean there is plenty of beautiful tall women.
    It just depends on the person and what suits them.

0|0
    0|0
  • This is completely dependent on the height of the guy lol. I don’t think a 6’5 guy necessarily will prefer a 5’2 girl over a 5’8 girl.. I think in general guys tend to prefer women shorter or the same height as them, but that’s about it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Oh you would be shocked how many guys 6'2+ guys I know who say they only prefer women around 4'10-5'4

• Lol I guess I would be haha, but I think it just depends on the dude

• But the majority def prefer short... just look it up online or ask any guy , it's the same as women preferring tall men.

• I don't think one is necessarily more attractive than the other. Both are beautiful and It's pretty subjective. I'm 5'7. To some I may be tall, to others I may be short. My boyfriend is 6'2 so it works out.

0|1
    0|0
  • Why not be grateful to be alive and healthy? If someone doesn't like you because you're tall screw them. I'm 5'9 and proud. Got it from my dad. Most of humanity prefers a lot of things. Some things we can't control. Ridiculous things we shouldn't feel bad over. Things we can't achieve.
    Just keep a...
    Good attitude
    Have...
    Confidence
    Also...
    Take care of yourself
    There's more to life than just the approval of others.

1|1
    0|0
    • @AfroGirl This is the correct attitude.
      Tyra Banks is 5'10.
      Michelle Obama is 5'11.
      Malia Obama is 6'0.
      Your height is a blessing. Any insecurity about it is not well founded.

• I'm 5'1 every person I've ever met calls me a little girl. I get so pissed.

0|1
    0|0
    • I dont think they mean it in an insulting way. Plus you're 15 maybe that's why? As you get older you may get a bit taller or fill out more and get a more mature looking face and you will be seen as attractive and cute for your height ! It's very womanly to be short so embrace it. I sure wish i was 5'1 :(

• Nah I stopped growing.

• Well 5'1 isn't a bad height , I think it's cute. i have a friend who's 5'1 and she is cute asf !

• The grass is always greener on the other side, as a short girl i think that the tall are blessed

2|0
    0|0
    • Naa. you should talk to tall girls about their struggles and you will see you have it much better.

• Me to haha

• Same! I want to be 5’10” 😭 Tall girls are blessed, I’m so jealous

• Men like attractive women , not their weight or height. But nice proportions and a nice body and face to look at. Its like saying that men dont like women below 120 lbs or more than 120 lbs. Men like nice women. You can be tall but if you are ugly as hell , no man will aproach you. Same with being short. Being short has nothing to do with how attractive you are.

by the way. Im a 4'11 midget and yes. Im attractive.

0|0
    0|0
    • 4'11 isn't that much of a 'midget'. Its short but I've met a ton of short and tall men who like women that height.
      And I'm not super attractive, rather just odd to look at I guess.

• How do you know that? For example. Some men dont like black women because its not their type , some men dont like white women. So how do you know? The lever of how attractive you depends who sees you and if they like you or not. For some you are gorgeous and for some you are "average".

• I just know that I'm not average , I'm slightly below the average female look. I have too many masculine features to be considered feminine or attractive. And the height certainly doesn't help.

• no not true at all. Tall girls are goddesses and its easier to stay thin!

0|1
    0|0
  • way wrong. I'm 6'2"" in heels and I have lots of men who find me attractive. I love walking into a room where I am the tallest person. Lots of attention- I love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty sure no one cares how tall anyone is. Some people have preference for short, some people have preference for tall — but no one will turn you down because you’re “too short” or “too tall” if you both have a good connection.

0|1
    0|0
  • I find women of all sizes incredibly attractive. I tend to be with girls I am taller than but I wouldn't mind being the short one for once either!

0|0
    0|0
  • Not as a rule, no. But it is generally true that guys like to be the taller party.

0|1
    0|0
  • No one cares about height
    Do you have small waist, big butt and cute face? Then you’re good

0|1
    0|0
  • Why do you think most models are all tall?

0|0
    0|0
  • As a tall girl, no
    xx
    ~ Bloodrayne Nevermore

0|0
    0|0
  • Hopefully yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes and no

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope everyone has a preference

0|0
    0|0
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE embrace your height!! sure, boys have an “ideal” height, but when it comes to ACTUALLY dating, it really doesn’t matter unless they’re uncomfortable which is highly unlikely if they like you. i would KILL to be tall, i wish i were 5’10” but i’m 5’3” :(

0|0
    0|0
    • I wish i was your height... men all like short girls

• Show All
    • But short girls are cuter and have the feminine appeal to most guys

• The celebrities that I find the prettiest are tall. Zendaya, Blake Lively, Gal Gadot, Jennifer Lawrence, Gigi Hadid, Kendall Jenner, etc and all those girls are 5’10”, and Rihanna but she’s 5’8”

• I don't think so, height has nothing to do with attraction.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes