Girls, do you dress modestly? Guys, do you like your girl to dress modestly?

Showing less skin. Being and acting more lady-like.

Girls, do you dress modestly? Guys, do you like your girl to dress modestly?
  • I'm a girl - Yes
    Vote A
  • I'm a girl - No
    Vote B
  • I'm a guy - Yes
    Vote C
  • I'm a guy - No
    Vote D
  • results
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Well, if I had a girlfriend, I would prefer her to be more covered up and not show cleavage or too much legs, though she can show her curves, with tight jeans or something, though I wouldn't force her to cover - I may be a little more strict, if I was in the situation.

1|0
    2|0
  • If I had a girlfriend. I would not want her being on display everywhere. In my opinion one of the things about dating ought to be you dress more modestly. Because you aren't up for grabs anymore-- if you'll excuse the choice of terms.

I'd rather her dress modestly.. the last thing I want is other guys giving her lots of attention. Or her asking for attention from them..

2|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• Yes, I hating exposing too much skin. I suppose I just feel OUT THERE when I wear less. Of course there’s more than one reason as to why I dress modestly. The other factor is that I have scars all over my body left by a severe rash. I feel embarrassed whenever someone sees them >~<

3|1
    0|0
  • I dress however I feel that day. Some days I'm very modest and wear pants and a t-shirt with a high collar. Other days I wear booty shorts with a tank top and lots of cleavage, it just depends on my mood. My boyfriend doesn't care what I wear what so ever.

3|2
    1|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 45

• There's a time for immodesty and a time for modesty. Immodesty loves to show up at modest times when it's not welcome.

Explanation; a family member came to my grandpa's funeral in a dress showing far too much cleavage. Now, i'm not against cleavage, cleavage is sexy and women shouldn't be ashamed of it, but the time was not right. This was a funeral, not a beach party. I wanted to remember my grandpa, not think about tits.

3|0
    0|0
  • well I think this poll yielded some seriously eye opening statistics. We like to stare, us guys, we do, but we certainly lose respect for you, even if we don't know it.

also since we know how much we like to stare we know other guys will be staring... so the only one's of us who want our girls dressing not modestly are the ones who get off on the attention. Sad but at least 15% of men appear to be like this, I think it's more around 25%-30 tho

2|0
    0|0
  • The only girls I respect, appreciate, and want to be with in a relationship are modest girls. There's something beautiful about a girl that knows her self-worth and doesn't need to blend in with the crowds of girls wearing stuff that is overly revealing.

2|0
    0|0
  • My weird personal opinion. In no way has been enforced - I prefer girls whom I'm not dating to dress modestly, but for my girlfriend I (shamefully) prefer her to to dress femininely, which could means show a bit of skins. Yes very selfish indeed, hence why I don't enforce it. And let other people do whatever they want.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well I guess, but only if it's a girl that I am dating. In the end of the day it's not about the clothes as it's about personality, and there are some slutty girls who dress modestly to fool guys, but shy girls don't tend to dress sexy.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilIsSexy

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I would like her to dress modestly. And I want her to always act lady-like.

... But when we are all alone at home, I would want her to dress as unmodestly as possible

1|1
    3|0
  • A woman can dress comfortably, and not overtly sexual, but ultimately, she dresses for HER, and what SHE likes, and feels comfortable wearing!!

2|0
    0|0
  • Showing skin is feminine, but I'd also like her to dress moderately. She can do whatever she wants as long as she isn't showing the majority of her skin (half naked).

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer the the woman I'm with to dress appropriately depending on the situation, you don't need to have your breasts and ass hanging out to look sexy

3|0
    0|0
  • Acting lady-like presupposes a) that you like it, b) that some guys like it, and c) that there still exist some gentlemen who aprreciate it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its not a must, but i do like women who dress modestly. To me it just seems that they respect their bodies and aren't revealing everything they got. Like i said its not a big deal, but do like it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yes.. modesty is a giid thing.. id prefer she to wear modestly.. however i know that never guarantees she is good. Iam just talking about my outward preference if my girl.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope, don't like modest dressing, it's very anti-feminine.

0|0
    2|1
  • I’m ok with anything girls wear as long as they don’t look like a whore or slut for the street but yeah go ahead wear what you want

1|1
    0|0
  • Wouldn't guys want their girls to never be dressed? Unless you're gay, you should never want your hot girl to get dressed OR get outta bed.

1|1
    1|0
  • As long as she takes care of herself and doesn't wear that ugly dress from the picture, sure

2|0
    0|0
  • Within reason of course. I want her to be able to wear what she wants but I would love it if she covered everything with slightly loose clothes

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I prefer causal and sporty look, as well as tomboyish and next-door girl look.

1|0
    0|0
  • i am glad to see the yeses have it.. Leaving something to the imagination is very hot in my book.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like when my woman dresses like a woman when she's with me

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• @Klara-Hitler as I've gotten older I've become more conservative and showing skin only when appropriate, such as a date with just him & I in an adult setting, or when we go swimming I don't wear a bikini because my children are with me. Things like that. Besides I have decided if I'm dressing provocatively it should only be to impress him 😉

1|0
    0|0
  • That dress on the picture is ugly. Stuff like that, no.
    But I mean... I don’t necessarily dress like a hoe (well... sometimes when I’m in the mood, I will)
    It doesn’t matter. Dudes say they want a modest “lady” but they are quicker to hop into bed with the pros and skanks😂 yeah right. Miss me with that.

1|1
    1|0
    • Yeah because they’re easy

• Show All
    • Um... I'll never hop into a bed with "skanks". Gladly choose the girl in the picture over girls walking around in bloody yoga pants and cropped tops.

• If it doesn’t apply to you then I’m not talking about you

• I try to dress modestly. I pretty much don’t show above the knee and don’t wear tank tops in public. It’s got to have sleeves. I do wear pants in spite of preferring skirts because skirts that go below the knee aren’t really business casual. It’s more lounge wear in this day and age and I work in an office.

1|0
    0|0
  • I believe that if I need a guy to fall head over heels or even just fall for me, he needs to see me.. as me. And I don't really like short stuff... And if short tight stuff with low necklines is how he sees me the first time, then the relationship is based on a lie. That's at least what I believe. :)

1|1
    0|0
  • I’m proud of where I am physically, so I like to dress to accentuate my body. I don’t show a lot of skin and I do know the time and place for skinny jeans, but I do like looking and feeling good in my outfits.

2|0
    0|0
  • Even with my most revealing clothes I don't think I'm not dressing modest. I certainly have skirts that go above the knee, but I don't think wearing them is immodest. I also have dresses that line my body, but my opinion of them is the same. I'm just dressing comfortably for myself and I'm acting politely. So dunno, it really depends on the point of view.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have to dress modest. I feel exposed if I don't and quite frankly I just don't want the attention.

3|1
    0|0
  • I dress like a guy. Literally in guys shirt and cargo pants. I don't have to worry if I'm showing skin or not

3|1
    0|0
  • I dress modest, but not like in that picture. That dress is ugly as fuck. Im either wearing jeans and leggings. I don't really like shorts or dresses. But I wear dresses on special ocasions.

1|0
    0|1
  • Isn’t modesty, in terms of fashion, subjective?

There use to be a time when showing your ankles was slutty haha (dramatic but yeah)

Hmm... sorta. I definitley don’t look like a slut.

1|0
    0|0
  • usually women who are masculine dont show a lot of skin, so i dont connect covering body and being ladylike.

1|0
    1|0
  • Nope. I don't bare it all but modest clothes aren't for me.

1|0
    0|0
  • How does dressing modestly means she's ladylike?

I do not show skin often, beacuse I dress masculine. I am not ladylike in what I wear or how I act

1|1
    0|0
  • I'm a strong advocate for modesty.

Modest is hottest.

3|1
    0|0
  • Yes, i do most of the time but i show a little skin not ali of course. I like 2 be comfortable. I'd rather be covered than exposed.. thats just me

1|0
    0|1
  • I don't dress modestly. Well, not always.
    But I always make sure that it doesn't look cheap and easy, all within moderation.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most of the times, I do not show any skin

However, I am not ladylike

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the event if I’m going out... I think my profile pic is the modest you’ll ever get from me at the club. I went after graduation

1|0
    0|0
  • I do. I don't know what "acting lady-like" means though.

2|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, I dress modestly. Never have my boobs and butt on display like major of girls these days

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes