Do you think the moms are right?

Moms slam Target, Walmart for ‘hooker style’ shorts for tweens

www.foxnews.com/.../...tyle-shorts-for-tweens.htmlDo you think the moms are right?

2925

Most Helpful Girls

• I think they're entitled to their opinion. Personally, I understand where the concern is coming from (you never know who's a pedophile) but they don't have to buy it. Another example is that I went shoe shopping yesterday and saw little heels for toddler girls. Some mothers might go up the wall with it but I think that the businesses are trying a new marketing tactic, not trying to sexualize children. Still, if it doesn't sell well, they most likely won't keep them on the shelves.

I just wouldn't buy it for my children.

• I understand where they're coming from a little bit. I am personally sick and tired of seeing girls buttcheeks hanging out of their shorts everywhere I go. I feel visually assaulted sometimes. A lot of these girls are young, and I know these girls dress like this because of limited options. Even when I was growing up it was a major issue. I've always been curvy with a booty, and my father had a very hard time dealing with that and men looking at me. He actually banned me from wearing shorts because it was impossible to find shorts where my ass wasn't hanging out attracting attention... now I am a full believer in men need to control themselves and girls shouldn't have to be fully clothes head to toe to prevent this kind of behavior... but options in shorts would be nice. Now that I'm older and can wear what I please, I still dont get shorts because my cheeks hang out and it is quite uncomfortable to be honest.

• I think men dont need to control themself more then woman also need to do the same

• Not sure where this conversation went... but I understand the pressure as a female to dress a certain way, but I personally just ignore it. Its exhausting and I've outgrown that phase of my life. Not every girl engages in that kind of behavior of dressing the most provocative to get attention. I understand these women exist, but I also understand that I would like options in shorts and I know im not the only one that feels that way.

• Isn't it wonderful how competition for attention keeps boys immature and women perpetuate bad examples to follow all because they can't overcome their insecurities?

It used to be that the slutty girl would get all the attention and sex that she wanted but none of the men actually respected her.

Now we have political movements to signify "respect" rather than earn respect. A HUGE difference in quality of relationships. But you would never know because you have no good example to compare it to and even if you did you would resent it because it's not fucking popular.

"Well behaved women rarely make history" seems to be the mantra, but what happens when none of the women behave well at all? Then we pretend to respect each other but secretly hate and resent what the other represents. We displace that hatred and pent up aggression because it's taboo to openly confront the insecure.

Bullshit.

This constant amnesia from consequences is cancer.

Most Helpful Guys

• Seriously I agree 100%. When i was a kid 13 year olds dressed like hookers. Now 8 year olds dress like hookers. To the media and clothing manufacturers/retailers...

STOP SEXUALIZING CHILDREN!!! I will fucking strangle you perverts. And parents, ffs, do your god damn job.