Do you think the moms are right?

Moms slam Target, Walmart for ‘hooker style’ shorts for tweens

www.foxnews.com/.../...tyle-shorts-for-tweens.htmlDo you think the moms are right?

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I think they're entitled to their opinion. Personally, I understand where the concern is coming from (you never know who's a pedophile) but they don't have to buy it. Another example is that I went shoe shopping yesterday and saw little heels for toddler girls. Some mothers might go up the wall with it but I think that the businesses are trying a new marketing tactic, not trying to sexualize children. Still, if it doesn't sell well, they most likely won't keep them on the shelves.

I just wouldn't buy it for my children.

1|1
    0|0
  • I understand where they're coming from a little bit. I am personally sick and tired of seeing girls buttcheeks hanging out of their shorts everywhere I go. I feel visually assaulted sometimes. A lot of these girls are young, and I know these girls dress like this because of limited options. Even when I was growing up it was a major issue. I've always been curvy with a booty, and my father had a very hard time dealing with that and men looking at me. He actually banned me from wearing shorts because it was impossible to find shorts where my ass wasn't hanging out attracting attention... now I am a full believer in men need to control themselves and girls shouldn't have to be fully clothes head to toe to prevent this kind of behavior... but options in shorts would be nice. Now that I'm older and can wear what I please, I still dont get shorts because my cheeks hang out and it is quite uncomfortable to be honest.

1|2
    1|1
    • I think men dont need to control themself more then woman also need to do the same

• Show All
    • Not sure where this conversation went... but I understand the pressure as a female to dress a certain way, but I personally just ignore it. Its exhausting and I've outgrown that phase of my life. Not every girl engages in that kind of behavior of dressing the most provocative to get attention. I understand these women exist, but I also understand that I would like options in shorts and I know im not the only one that feels that way.

• Isn't it wonderful how competition for attention keeps boys immature and women perpetuate bad examples to follow all because they can't overcome their insecurities?

It used to be that the slutty girl would get all the attention and sex that she wanted but none of the men actually respected her.

Now we have political movements to signify "respect" rather than earn respect. A HUGE difference in quality of relationships. But you would never know because you have no good example to compare it to and even if you did you would resent it because it's not fucking popular.

"Well behaved women rarely make history" seems to be the mantra, but what happens when none of the women behave well at all? Then we pretend to respect each other but secretly hate and resent what the other represents. We displace that hatred and pent up aggression because it's taboo to openly confront the insecure.

Bullshit.

This constant amnesia from consequences is cancer.

Most Helpful Guys

• Seriously I agree 100%. When i was a kid 13 year olds dressed like hookers. Now 8 year olds dress like hookers. To the media and clothing manufacturers/retailers...

STOP SEXUALIZING CHILDREN!!! I will fucking strangle you perverts. And parents, ffs, do your god damn job.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 27

• I think it becomes a problem when the only shorts you can find are very short ones. There are very few options for girls shorts now. It's either super short or all the way down to your knee. They really need more variety

4|2
    0|0
  • It's what's in and it's not for everyone. If you don't want your daughter wearing them, don't buy them for her. With them being a teenager, I'm pretty sure the moms are still responsible for buying their clothes.

2|1
    1|0
  • I don't think those are too short. You ever see what female volleyball players wear?

1|2
    0|0
  • Shops sell what people want to buy. If booty shorts is selling well and other don't do so well, then they will only use booty shorts. They should take it up with other moms and fashion.

2|2
    1|0
  • Well if Target and Walmart will literally the only places to shop for clothes I might say she has a point but they aren't. She needs to stop complaining, unknot her panties and go to a different store to buy shorts.

0|1
    0|0
  • These shorts are perfect. I hate how long shorts have become, you're wearing mini pants. Hooker Shorts show ass cheeks hanging out and hoochie, they are more like underwear. I know I get hookers away from the Traffickers they are enslaved to

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I agree. Little girls shouldn’t be showing body.

6|2
    0|1
  • Literally I went shopping yesterday.
    I went to five different stores.
    I know it is summer but, not one long sleeve shirt in sight.
    Like really? am I supposed to walk around naked?
    Only good store is H&M.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you don't like them, don't buy them for your kid. Thats all.

1|3
    1|0
  • Those clothes might not be for young teenagers though. They might be for adults who are the size of young teenagers such as petite or short woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • Is this a joke? Go to a different store. People saying it’s hard to find “modest” shorts well here’s some stores Walmart, Dicks Sporting Good, Athletic Shops... not that hard.

0|2
    1|0
  • These are not hooker shorts. If they were booty shorts, then maybe she would have a point to make.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think there should be options that are a bit longer but without going to the nun territory. I think about 5 inches from the butt is perfect.

2|1
    1|0
  • Yes, I think they are very right. I would not want my daughter to wear these kinds of shorts.

2|0
    0|0
  • No. It's called: don't buy your kids shorts from Target or Walmart, bitch.

0|0
    1|0
  • I think if they were in high school it would it would be normal and fine. But any younger than that and it’s like wtf are you doing? You start to get into girls that literally either just got their period or still haven’t yet. Let’s be honest we all like those shorts because they’re supposed to be more sexy showing more skin. We didn’t leave bermuda shorts behind because they were “ugly” because skirts are worn that length and guys don’t wear daisy duke type shit. We did it as part of a trend of wanting more sexy shorts. And if you’re old enough great. Hella fine lookin shorts. But not on babies.

1|0
    0|0
    • Young girls don't need to be sex objects so I agree with you daisy.

• Young girls don't need to be sexualized for wearing shorts. A child wearing short shorts should not even come slightly close to making anybody think about sex. Period.
      I live in The Bahamas. It's hot as balls out here. Children should be able to wear short shorts here.
      Some places in America are also incredibly hot. It's also summer. Like, sell shorts dude.

• That shorts is cute I'd love to sleep in that honestly I don't see the big deal

0|1
    0|0
  • The shorts are cute. I don't think it's hooker style to be honest

0|1
    0|0
  • They're rights. Shorts for girls are so shorts, more option are needed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have they really seen hooker shorts tho?

0|1
    0|0
  • i think the moms should also shop somewhere else

1|2
    1|0
  • I think everyone is stupid.

0|1
    0|0
  • Idc dude

0|0
    0|0
  • They are right

0|0
    0|0
  • She is overreacting.

0|0
    1|0
  • I work at a retail store. Let me tell you, if there was a big enough demand for mid sized shorts for tween that would have already been taken care of.
    Since the demand isn't big enough, you'd need to turn to a more upscale fashion store that carries athletic brand names.
    Maybe some time later, longer shorts will be in again and you'll have a hard time finding short shorts anywhere in chain retail stores.
    In the early 2000s flared jeans were all the rage. You could not find skinny jeans in chain stores even if your life depended on it! By 2010, skinny jeans had replaced flared jeans and I hadn't seen a single pair of flared jeans till this year.
    This is just the response to the fashion demands. This has nothing to do with modesty or being sexy. Midwestern moms should stop babbling about the things they have no clue about. If you want to wear things that aren't mainstream at the moment you gotta pay more. As simple as that!

0|1
    0|0
  • Only good looking good looking girls should wear the short ones. Pants for rest! 😂

0|0
    5|1

What Guys Said 23

• Complain to the companies that make the shorts or don’t buy the ones they have. That will get the message across better than complaining to the stores.

1|2
    0|0
  • Those are track not hooker style. Honestly there are bigger battles in modesty to be fight.

0|2
    0|0
  • People need to learn how to show their opinions with their wallets, not social media. Don't like a certain businesses practices? Don't shop there. It's that simple. Complain less, let your actions speak for you.

0|2
    0|0
  • To be honest, girls clothing keeps getting more and more revealing. To the point that grade schoolers, preteens and teens keep dressing more and more sluty. But it's probably a broader problem, like social media and the advertising young kids see.

1|0
    0|0
  • This is a symptom of a larger problem. Your children are being influenced more by electronic devices than by the human beings that made the children. Kiss their purity goodbye.

1|1
    0|0
  • They look like regular shorts to me.

Stores usually only stock what sells. If nobody is buying something the item is removed.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's just a running short for girls I don't understand the outrage

0|1
    0|0

• Micheal Jordan used to wear the same style shorts. These shorts aren't short to be sexual they're short for athletic performance.

• Micheal Jordan used D to wear the same style shorts. These shorts are shorter for athletic proformance. They're not made that way to sexualize them.

• Should be limited to college age women and above. They should have an age limit for certain styles of dress.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're righr. I would never allow my daughters to wear that stuff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t buy them if you don’t want your daughter wear them.

0|1
    1|0
  • I agree but then again everyone and everything in this generation is whore-like.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well short are to short recently i am ok with it if they are but i prefer they wear longer ones

0|0
    0|0
  • If they don't like it, don't buy it.

0|3
    0|0
  • i agree with those moms

3|2
    1|0
  • Yes the mom is right.

1|0
    0|1
  • Moms 100%

1|0
    0|0
  • It's an opinion, there is no right or wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • I agree with the moms.

1|0
    0|0
  • And they sell padded bras for little girls...

0|0
    0|0
  • The mom is a moron. Lol

0|0
    2|0
  • Yeah I have to agree. Some many girls nowadays have the need to dress like sluts, I don't really understand. I may think "Hey nice ass" but it is not gonna increase the probability of me approaching the girl.

0|0
    0|0
    • I was talking generally, not tweens. But introducing tweens to theses clothes early is a disaster

• Then they tell men not to sexually objectify them HAHAHAHAHAHA

1|1
    0|0
  • Who the fuck cares. Girls have the most clothes options anyways just go somewhere else.

0|1
    2|0

Recommended myTakes