Should we end the age limit for getting a tattoo?

tattoos aren't the same as drinking or smoking, so I don't see the harm.
  • Yes
  • No

1920

Most Helpful Girls

• No! You have to live with those tattoos for the rest of your life. What you find cool as a teenager you won't find cool as an adult. I'm glad I was unable to get tattoos at 14 or I'd be covered in black skulls, flames and other stuff.

• Nah. I know people who got those big earrings not sure what they are called but it stretched their ears out bad. Now that they are adults they regret it and can't seem to be taken seriously because they don't like themselves anymore and they are no longer in that phase of life and want to change their style. Of course if you are fine with looking like that for the rest of your life is no big deal. But children shouldn't make permanent decisions that they can regret.

Most Helpful Guys

• Knowing modern kids, the little fuckers will sue someone for giving them a tattoo that they now (two years later, hate). Hell when Titanic (the stupid one) came out I know girls who wouldn't hesitate to get some form or another of it tattooed on themselves.

• Getting a tattoo may seem cool and stylish for the moment but tastes in fashion will change, while that tattoo stays on you permanently wishing it was removed after years, maybe even a few months later. While a tattoo is certainly not as damaging to your health like drinking and smoking as you stated, it's a permanent thing on your body and should not be toyed with in the hands of teenagers who aren't mature enough to realize the long term effects of having a tattoo from less chances of employments, to colors fading on your tattoo, having it surgically removed and such. I'd say 18 years of age still seems appropriate when people are mostly mature enough at that age to make such a choice. I still can't understand why people get them sometimes; it's like putting a sticker on your car that you can't remove!