Should we end the age limit for getting a tattoo?

tattoos aren't the same as drinking or smoking, so I don't see the harm.
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• No! You have to live with those tattoos for the rest of your life. What you find cool as a teenager you won't find cool as an adult. I'm glad I was unable to get tattoos at 14 or I'd be covered in black skulls, flames and other stuff.

5|2
    0|0
  • Nah. I know people who got those big earrings not sure what they are called but it stretched their ears out bad. Now that they are adults they regret it and can't seem to be taken seriously because they don't like themselves anymore and they are no longer in that phase of life and want to change their style. Of course if you are fine with looking like that for the rest of your life is no big deal. But children shouldn't make permanent decisions that they can regret.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• Knowing modern kids, the little fuckers will sue someone for giving them a tattoo that they now (two years later, hate). Hell when Titanic (the stupid one) came out I know girls who wouldn't hesitate to get some form or another of it tattooed on themselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Getting a tattoo may seem cool and stylish for the moment but tastes in fashion will change, while that tattoo stays on you permanently wishing it was removed after years, maybe even a few months later. While a tattoo is certainly not as damaging to your health like drinking and smoking as you stated, it's a permanent thing on your body and should not be toyed with in the hands of teenagers who aren't mature enough to realize the long term effects of having a tattoo from less chances of employments, to colors fading on your tattoo, having it surgically removed and such. I'd say 18 years of age still seems appropriate when people are mostly mature enough at that age to make such a choice. I still can't understand why people get them sometimes; it's like putting a sticker on your car that you can't remove!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• Many people regret getting a tattoo after they get it. You should wait until you're old enough to, theorectically, be responsible and mature enough to make your own decisions and to think things through like an adult.

I wanted to get a crazy tattoo when I was younger and I'm so glad I didn't. I did end up getting one not so long ago, but nothing insane, just a neat little thing which I thought was kinda cool.

2|0
    0|0
  • Tattoos are permanent and shouldn't be done on a whim. I always knew I wanted them but I spent years planning them out and looking for the perfect artist. I know a lot of people who got them very young and have had them either covered up, removed or they regret ever getting them done.

2|0
    0|0
  • I mean its not that bad. Its only a body modification but at the same time I think you need to be mature enough to make a decision like that. Its pretty much permanent and I know there's ways to hide it or get rid of it but I think if you're mature its okee

0|0
    0|0
  • It should be raised. People who get tattoos should be old enough to understand the consequences and permanence. Example what if a teenager goes and gets tattoos all the way their arm. But when they are twenty five they don’t like it and are trying their best to cover it during a job interview. Like fr adults should make these decisions not children

1|0
    0|0
  • Teenagers are stupid. Most of them are going to get dumb tattoos thinking its cool and then end up regretting later.

1|2
    0|0
  • Kids are stupid and make decisions they regret. I actually think the age limit should be made higher.

0|3
    0|0
  • Its not gonna hurt u. Yes when ur older u might regret getting one but... We're literally told we need to basically pick our career by 18 and im pretty sure that we'll regret a tattoo a lot less than picking a job we dont like and wasting money on college for a career we dont even want anymore.

Dont lecture us on how we'll regret making decisions now if ur gonna force us to make even more decisions at the same time

0|0
    0|0
  • No... If you get a tattoo at too young and age it will damage your skin. The age limit for me is 17. You will get bullied a lot if you get one at too young and age

1|0
    0|0
  • Hey, if you're younger, you'll decide to do a tattoo. Later you will be like - eh, why did I do this tattoo? It's shitty.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm glad I didn't get a tattoo that I wanted at 18.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 18

• "tattoos aren't the same as drinking or smoking"
    Both can lead to horrible life choices. What's the difference?

I believe the age limit should be abolished on all of them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oops I meant to say yes. But make sure people understand more that it's permanent. Also no getting them too old. Don't want a 70 year old person getting one and being bruised for the rest of his life from it.

0|0
    0|0
  • People change physically and mentally. It could stretch out or be regretted. My dad has plenty of tattoos he got when he was younger that he hides because he regrets them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m a edgy teen I get a huge scull tattoo on my face I would regret that I did that later in life but there wasn’t anything to stop u you would do it

0|2
    0|0
  • Nah, what we should do though is have a minimum number of weeks in advance that you need to schedule your tattoo request. That way we can eliminate drunk tattoos and stupid impulsive crap.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fuck no, children should Never ever be allowed to get permanent tattoos. The ones printed on the skin are whatever, they'll fade.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. Children do not have the sense to make certain decisions.

0|2
    0|0
  • No.. Its a permanent alteration to your body Things need to be decided as an adult, not as a child thats why the age limit is 18

0|0
    0|0
  • Parents would have to sign a consent form first otherwise the tattoo shop could find themselves in a lawsuit.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no, young people are really stupid so they’ll wind up with something they regret later on

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes