Should I allow my daughter go wear heels to school. ?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• What do you mean "allow?" And are you seriously thirty? And your kid is already old enough to be wanting to wear heels?

0|0
    0|0
  • I gues not. If she was my daughter i wouldn't unless she went to a party organized by the school like a prom, but depends a little. How old is your daughter?

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• 12 or 13 would be the minimum age for heels for me and even then only 'low' heels because she can't wear 'high heels' all day without hurting her arches, yet. I'd save the high heels for high school, or if she's particularly athletic (they are actually very good for sprint training).

0|0
    0|0
  • You should allow her to wear what she likes as long as it doesn’t conflict with the moral code you uphold in your household. Yes, heels may be uncomfortable and her feet may hurt, but she won’t learn that unless you let her wear them. She will figure out how much she cares about her shoes compared to comfort this way, which could be a valuable lesson for her. Overall, I don’t think it is smart for parents to control what their children wear after a certain age because even with something like shoes, it may seem like an invasion of privacy and a refusal to let them be their own person. The former can be very scarring and create large rifts in some situations.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• as long as its within the school dress code, she can do whatever she likes. The only thing you should educate her is on the health side of it. she's still growing up and its not a good idea, but if you had to weigh it all up, is it better she smokes or wears high heels? It's better to educate them on it instead and trust that they will take the advice.

0|0
    0|0
  • My answer is there are "Heels" and there are "Heels" - My thoughts are yes but each pair should be approved by you. - What I mean by "Heels" and "Heels"

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. She's going to, regardless if you disapprove. Just give her sound advice on sex and other things women are into.

1|0
    0|0
  • No heels are impractical and bad for growing children.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she wants to. I see no problem with it. Are you ok with it?

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope she should not be wearing that to school. It's school not the club

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, but only on special days, it's bad for your feet.

0|0
    0|0
  • If school allows it, and you can't get her to wait later on... then yes!

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems like they would be uncomfortable

0|0
    0|0
  • No don't let her.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 18

• The small heels that are pretty low aren't so bad but she's at school to learn, sneakers or dress shoes are fine. Heels are designed to make girls look more attractive to guys and being in high school she probably doesn't need any help with that. This is the last chance she'll have to enjoy being a kid she doesn't need to start pretending to be an adult before she can cope with the responsibility of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she wants to you should let her as long as they’re not against the dress code. I don’t really see the problem with it, I’ve worn heels to school before and I was fine. They may be uncomfortable and if that’s the case, then she won’t wear them often anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it doesn't go against the dress code, then she should be able to wear what she wants. I see no reason why she shouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let her wear them. After the first time or two, you'll see her back in tennis shoes... lol

1|0
    0|1
  • Depends on how old she is. I only started wearing heels now and then to school. If it’s not against the dress code then it’s all good.

0|0
    0|0
  • Heels are not suitable shoes for walking all over campus.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you could buy her a special pair of heels she can wear at home as a bribe... kids this age just want to be cool and she'll probably hate you for saying no so the bribe can work😜

0|0
    0|0
  • I mean they are just shoes.
    But, I think to school is a bit much. It’s just school.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's ok, but you're her mother. That's your call.

0|0
    0|0
  • If she can walk okay in them, yes
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes