Is plastic surgery justified when someone has a serious medical problem?

And not done for aesthetic reasons or for vanity? I mean what if someone has been a burn victim or has some deformity or suffers from premature ageing? I'm afraid I suffer from the latest (premature ageing/also known as adult progeria or Werner's syndrome). I'm just 20 years old yet people think I'm much older than my age.

(Some of them think I'm also my age or early 20s but this is rare. Most of the time they think I'm in my late 20s and person just said today I look 35-40. If I have such a serious problem, isn't plastic surgery justified in my case?

(Note: I wanted to post some pics of me but I'm Level 1 so I'm not allowed. So please click on a link on my profile and tell me your opinion)

This is a serious concern of mine

1724

Most Helpful Guys

• if burns victim or deformities that effect your ability to function or enjoy life

there is absolutely nothing wrong with your looks, I would say you look 18 - 19 tbh
    if it is what you feel is the right path then yes it's justified, but only do it if it is what YOU want not cos people have called you old or any other things that could hurt
    people can be mean and ignorant in many things
    some even say things which are untrue and can cause a lot of negativity and even push those who it hurts to do things which they dont need to do...
    those people are just unhappy with their life and they feel like they should berate someone so that they can feel better about themselves

nothing wrong with your pic at all

• its justified to anyone who wants to get it and can afford to do so.
    fun thing about a free country is that folks are pretty much open to do whatever they want with their money and body.

Most Helpful Girls

• Plastic surgery is always justified. Other different thing is if someone would get surgery or not in X circumstances, but that subjective. In your case, you can do surgery if you want or feel you need it or because of doctors recommend it. Looking at your profile photo you look in your 20's and you don't remind me to kids I saw with progeria like this one

cdn.britannica.com/.../197017-004-438EAE74.jpg

However, maybe is only the photo or maybe you have a lower degree of progeria. So do what you think is going to make you feel better with yourself.

• Oh course. Yes. I mean, in some of those cases plastic surgery is what keeps the scar tissue from binding the person up.

Personally, I think it's up to the person if they want elective plastic surgery. It doesn't hurt me any.