Girls, how often do you straighten your hair with a flat iron?

I’ve done it one or two times before, just to see what straight hair would look like on me. My hair is naturally very curly (as you can probably tell from my picture), and as I’ve discovered it doesn’t look well at all when it’s straightened, so I don’t ever bother trying. I also don’t think it’s good to expose your hair to heat as high as 450°F, and correct me if I’m wrong but I assume doing so regularly could leave the hair quite damaged.Girls, how often do you straighten your hair with a flat iron?
  • Nearly every day
  • Often, but not daily
  • Every once in a while
    Vote C
  • Only for special occasions
    Vote D
  • Never
    Vote E
  • I’m a guy (how often would you prefer your partner to straighten her hair? or does it not matter?)
    Vote F

4515

Most Helpful Guys

Most Helpful Girls

• Very very rarely.

Straightening your hair really often is damaging. Even on special occasions I don't feel like straightening my hair.

• I have very thick, kinda wavy hair that’s a bit frizzy, and I generally go over 5 days without washing it because it doesn’t get greasy. I try to avoid styling with heat- and if I do, I keep it at about 320 degrees, definitely not 450 lol. No styling product even goes up to 450.
    I generally just spray hairspray on my brush and run it through to tame the frizziness and that works well.