Girls, how often do you straighten your hair with a flat iron?

I’ve done it one or two times before, just to see what straight hair would look like on me. My hair is naturally very curly (as you can probably tell from my picture), and as I’ve discovered it doesn’t look well at all when it’s straightened, so I don’t ever bother trying. I also don’t think it’s good to expose your hair to heat as high as 450°F, and correct me if I’m wrong but I assume doing so regularly could leave the hair quite damaged.Girls, how often do you straighten your hair with a flat iron?
  • Nearly every day
    Vote A
  • Often, but not daily
    Vote B
  • Every once in a while
    Vote C
  • Only for special occasions
    Vote D
  • Never
    Vote E
  • I’m a guy (how often would you prefer your partner to straighten her hair? or does it not matter?)
    Vote F
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

2|0

Most Helpful Guys

Most Helpful Girls

• Very very rarely.

Straightening your hair really often is damaging. Even on special occasions I don't feel like straightening my hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have very thick, kinda wavy hair that’s a bit frizzy, and I generally go over 5 days without washing it because it doesn’t get greasy. I try to avoid styling with heat- and if I do, I keep it at about 320 degrees, definitely not 450 lol. No styling product even goes up to 450.
    I generally just spray hairspray on my brush and run it through to tame the frizziness and that works well.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 13

• When I was very young, I wanted to have hair like the Beatles, so I contemplated using a flat iron to straighten my hair once it grew to the proper lengths and just rock a bowl cut basically. I’m so glad I didn’t follow through with that idea.

3|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it would really matter, but if her hair wasn't naturally straight and I think she looks better with it straighten, then I wouldn't prefer it if she did it occasionally, but if she didn't want to and still suited her natural hair, then I'd be fine with that too.

1|0
    0|0
  • Generally I don't give a rat's flying ass about women's hair so I go for whatever but I do have a few styles that I think are kind of attractive if you have naturally curly hair keep it that's freaking hot also I like the short but straight hair styles I think they're called pixie cuts but idk/c

3|0
    0|0
  • can black girls straighten their hair? serious question

2|0
    0|0
  • I love my gf's curly hair. Straightening curly hair is just as tragic as a pale girl going tanning.

2|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't really matter... doesn't really mater... doesn't really matter to me!!!

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm a guy and I like it when a girl changes it up every now and then

1|0
    0|0
  • Hair straightened is cool but curly is good too!

1|0
    0|0
  • i use a clothes iron instead

1|0
    0|0
  • Once in every week.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 43

• Either that or i curl it :) usually 5 times a week or so.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only for special occasions

1|0
    0|0
  • I straighten it whenever I'm in the mood. I love straight hair! It's my favourite and it's easier than to make curls (it takes more time). But because I don't want to do it everyday and I'm bored to lol maybe 1-2 times a week. While I wash my hair approximately 4 times a week. But again it depends on my mood sometimes.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have naturally wavy hair. I straightened it once in high school. Never again.

1|1
    0|0
  • Honestly I look pretty good with straight hair, but I have to straighten it at 450°F and go over it three to five times just for it to be straight. So I only do it when I want to look my absolute best. (Which is rare)

1|0
    0|0
  • I have naturally straight hair. But I do it like, 4-5 times a week cause it's kinda unruly and wavy at the ends. I use a heat protectant so I've had no damage issues so far.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to straighten my hair everyday, but my hair is thick. If your hair is thin it’s really bad.

1|0
    0|0
    • My hair is thick as all hell and it looks terrible straightened lol

• Mine too and I feel weird, I don't know why I used to straighten it everyday.

• I have a ton of thick, long curly hair. I've never actually straightened it

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never in my life used a flat iron. Mum has used it on my hair few times - ironically to make it wavy. I try to avoid using whatever products on my hair other than the necessary in order to keep it healthy.

1|0
    0|0
  • My hair is naturally straight , but i use hair straighteners every once in a while to make it poker straight

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes