What are bikinis for anyway?

Yes, I'm aware that women/girls wear them for confidence.

But only the nipples, groin and buttcracks are covered. We may as well be nude. I'm certain many people have observed a bikini malfunction and gotten a glimpse of a nipple or bare butt at some point.

The bikini off is much more realistic, and there's a reason there are nude beaches.

Tbh, I don't really like the feel of the straps.

416

Most Helpful Guys

• Bikinis save fabric consumption and so support the effort to protect the environment. They are also dearly needed to play beach volleyball (don't miss this...) An alternative could be the Tri-kini - but few women are blessed to have a need for it. /// If you don't like the straps, you could also try a waste bag. Three cuts with a pair of scissors, and you can go swimming in all comfort. Not suitable for the jumping tower, though. Forgive me my drastic approach.

• "... wear them for confidence..."?
    a girl could wear an old burlap bag for that.
    they really wear them for 1) other women (as a means of one-upsmanship) and 2) men (for display).
    i suppose one could argue it's for the all-over tan, but that just doesn't really cut it.

Most Helpful Girl

• They’re good for tanning. You get mor body to tan. It’s like asking why women wear underwear (bikinis and underwear are similar)