How do I get my hair to be a better texture?

Pic 1: So I don't have very good quality pictures but this is how my natural hair was at 15(I used coconut oil and always had my hair tied. I also live in a very hot and humid part of the world.. Not in the pic) pic 2: I used to let down my hair all the time and stopped oiling and washed it too frequently and it got frizzy
Pic 3: I got it straightened chemically and it was fine (I got it done two times but I don't want to ruin my hair by too many chemicals)
How do I get my hair to be very smooth and silky and maintain it?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Apply the warm oil of your choice- argan, jojoba, coconut, olive oil (kinda on the heavy side), whatever.
    Rinse with warm water, pat dry. Apply a just few drops of a product containing one of the following: Stearoxy Dimethicone or Behenoxy Dimethicone (NOT any other dimethicone) and silk protein. Work into hair, roots outward and allow to stay in hair. Style as desired.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've figured out a way that works with all forms of hair styles and textures. Here's what you do:
    -If you take a lot of showers and wet your hair everyday, skip shampoo and condition only. No matter what happens, always condition your hair when it gets wet. Hair technically doesn't need to be shampooed, so wash every other day or two days. (If you want to go a little extra, make sure the conditioner and shampoo you use has no parfum or other chemicals that might dry it out. Look at the ingredients)
    -Never rub your hair when you dry it because the strands tangle and become damaged. This is what makes hair frizzy and poofy.
    -Use a boar brush to distribute natural oil. If your hair is thin, then use a boar brush with no nylon. If it's thicker, then get one with nylon bristles mixed in. REMEMBER TO BRUSH FROM THE BOTTOM UP. It takes out tangles easier and your hair healthy. Do this before bed because this is when the cells in your body work best to repair any damage because you are resting.
    -It's good that you let your hair down, because it rests the scalp better. This makes hair growth healthier and fixes damaged hair down the line. If you tie it up, make sure it's a little loose so it doesn't pull on your roots.

Lastly, you're hair looks really nice. I love how it looks wavy in the third pic! Good luck! This care system is simple and you can always add to if if you want to do a little extra for your hair.

0|0
    0|0
    • I forgot to add this: If you get oily hair, that's okay. This actually happens when we wash our hair too often. Once you skip shampoo for a two days and condition only the oily-ness will die down in one week and it will feel less oily and more natural.

• Thats😊 the problem is that I always put oil on my hair before I shampoo. So what do I use as an alternative to get rid of oil?

• I have oily hair, so I've always avoided using coconut oil and any other kind. It took a lot of experimenting and research, but I found that using products that dry out your hair makes it oilier because your scalp is trying to keep in moisture. Avoid any products that have "sodium-____" in it. If it says "sodium" and then another word, don't use it. This is the chemical that drys out hair and makes it oilier. "Parfum" too, but sometimes that's unavoidable. Also you can't necessarily get rid of oil all together, but you can balance it out and make it less to the point where you feel comfortable. I did what I listed above and the feeling of oily hair went away in a week. No alternatives, I would just cut out the coconut oil completely... unless it's needed. It's your choice.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• in first 2 pics you look skinny
    but in third you look a bit heavy. why?
    and also your face looks me different in all three pics

0|0
    1|0
    • I had a lot of coats on. Also I was kinda chubby in school πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
      I also am a shape shifter.

• Show All
    • how you guess it?
      you can say Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Nepal etc
      why Pakistan?

• tell me how guessed?

• Argan oil shampoos are very good for frizzy hair. Im a guy and it works great.

0|0
    0|0
  • The wall was unforgiving with this one.

0|0
    0|0
  • use some duck fat that is good for hair

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Make sure you're having the right nutrients to keep it healthy, get back to using coconut oil and other oils, hair masks can help a lot, and don't straighten it anymore cuz although it gives good results it's also very damaging for your hair.
    Also don't wash it too frequently. Wash it like twice a week. Use a good shampoo (u have to go for good brands and experiment) to make it less frizzy

0|0
    0|0
  • Do this, braid it overnight and take them out in the morning. The more individual braids, the more wavy/curly.

0|1
    0|0
  • oil i guess, not too frequent washes. basically what u were doing in the first stage minus the tying it up

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe try a different haircut

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes