Is it shallow to not want to be friends with somebody because they have poor hygiene?

I told my mum I did not want too be friends with this girl because she has poor hygiene.

My mum told me that is very shallow of me. I disagree with what she said though and I think it was not shallow.

because if you google the definition of shallow it tells you

"An example of a shallow person is somebody who only cares for looks and money"

Looks and hygiene are not the same thing

and money and hygiene is also not the same thing
  • Yes, it is shallow
  • No, it is not shallow

139

Most Helpful Guy

• You are splitting hairs, you know what your mum meant that said sometimes it is tough to get close to someone that smells

Most Helpful Girls

• I like to spend time with people who have similar values to me. If a friend doesn't smell good or dresses in dirty clothes because he/she is too lazy to be clean, then that's not the same values. so it's not shallow, it's standards.

• No, it's not. Do you really want to hang around someone who doesn't take care of themself properly? Just pointing it out. It's like having skunk spray stuck in your nose whenever you hang out with them.