Do guys prefer for women to wear makeup? Ladies, which amount do you prefer?

• Do guys prefer for women to wear makeup? If so, which amount looks best? Ladies, which amount do you prefer?Option 1
    Vote A
  • Do guys prefer for women to wear makeup? If so, which amount looks best? Ladies, which amount do you prefer?Option 2
    Vote B
  • Do guys prefer for women to wear makeup? If so, which amount looks best? Ladies, which amount do you prefer?Option 3
    Vote C
  • Do guys prefer for women to wear makeup? If so, which amount looks best? Ladies, which amount do you prefer?Option 4
    Vote D
  • Do guys prefer for women to wear makeup? If so, which amount looks best? Ladies, which amount do you prefer?Option 5
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I’m closest to 4/5. My sister can pull off heavier makeup, such as number 2, but I just don’t enjoy the time it takes to apply it.

1|2

Most Helpful Guys

• I find makeup really off putting and basically it's a lie. It just feels wrong that so many women are too I secure to show their own skin. It's gone way too far, you can totally change your appearance if you are willing to spend the time.

1|3
    1|0
  • I don't care how much she wears if it looks good on her, elegant and not trashy and IF when taking it down she still looks beautiful.
    If she's a different person, as I've seen with some, then my opinion on them drops instantly and attraction dies.

But because the more likely usage of make-up is to hide how the girl actually looks like, then I'm more inclined to go for those that barely use make-up. And there is one at work, one of the most beautiful girls I've seen. No make-up or not much at times (eyeliner and lipgloss).
    and this is what I want. to know how she'll look without that wall of bricks on her face.
    So a good looking without make-up is way more attractive than one that looks stunning with make-up, because in this second case, you never know what's under that.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I would say 5 for regular everyday makeup I like soft, pretty natural looking make up. When I want to get made up for something special I would probably go with 2 or 3. I like adding a lash and some lip color just a little something extra but not overboard.

2|1
    0|0
  • Gorgeous girls in the pics <3
    I don't put make up on often because i suck at it but i do love make up!
    My favourite is lipsticks and lip glosses~!
    I prefer minimum amount of make up for like hang outs with friends and work and such. But for parties and big gatherings i do more make up.
    My older sister rocks at doing make up, she is amazing at eye shadow looks and she can pull off minimum to heavy make up.

I'll never forget when we went to a family friends graduation party and my sister did my make up and so many girls asked me who did my make up. They thought i got it professionally done but i just laughed and said my sister did it for me.

3|0
    0|0
    • Georgeous? They, almost literally, are wearing masks! So those aren't their real faces, but OK

• @achezc They are cute and their make up looks great. Why the negativity?

• They are beautiful women but I don’t think they NEED that much makeup. But I understand that some women do it for creativity. It’s kind of artistic in a way, actually!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 68

• Less is more! As for my girlfriend personally, I won't lie and say I like her better without any makeup at all (I still think she's beautiful). But I like on her a very very light makeup. I personally do cosplay so I do have some understanding of face makeup, and perhaps just a little brushing up is the most attractive for me. Anything like drastically noticeable can easily turn into a turn off.

1|0
    0|0
  • I voted for Option 4. I personally prefer that my girlfriend does not wear makeup- she's beautiful without it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Option 4, she does not have to over do it, lip stick, blush and some stuff for the eyelashes brows. Just a little of each

1|0
    0|0
  • Make up is great some times. I think a lot of women misunderstand men when they say they don't care, basically its nice some times because its different then the usual and its nice if she is wearing it to look good for us. However its not something that needs to be done every day (otherwise it stops being special and significant).

1|1
    0|0
  • I've gone out with women who have a face full of acne and don't use makeup to cover it up.

I'm not a unicorn among men.

2|1
    0|0
  • Everytime I see a woman with such amount of make up I cannot help to think how insecure she is, how ugly she must look without it due to the amount of damage she have done to she skin around her eyes, (the reason why the red or purple or black spots appear when they don't wear it, ) and how she would have look way better before she had hurt her face like that…

0|1
    0|0
    • You sound like my dad

• What about seeing makeup just like the pomade/hair gel the guys wear? you guys like them hair tidy and we love our face 'tinted'? Sure some girls do wear it to conceal their flaw, but why the negativity to us who just because we can and secure enough with ourselves?

• I much prefer 4 or 5. Little to no makeup is best in my opinion. I prefer a natural look and for her natural features to come through, and not be masked by a ton of makeup.

1|0
    0|0
  • Minimal make-up please. I prefer to know I'm attracted to her for her natural look and not some 2-hour long paint job to get herself looking like something else, even if it does look good. She can save that shit for super special occasions.

1|1
    0|0
  • One and two are actually grim. Its a red flag if a girl wears makeup like that. Too obviously heavy makeup, only guys who will go for that are the ones who want fake, dumb, bimbo type girls. Most of whom will want a one night stand.
    4/5 is the best.

0|1
    1|0
  • Typically a 4/5, but it really varies with the girl.. And puleeeese- enough with the brows that look like a black cornfield!

2|1
    0|0
  • 1 when I know i'm gonna get sum but i'd say 2 and 3 :)

1|0
    0|0
    • How come you don't think you can pull of a 1? I think you can.

• I think it would make me feel clownish. I’ve worn tons of makeup like this before but it was for high school/college theater productions and it definitely didn’t feel natural.

• Females don't care about me so I don't care what they do.

1|0
    0|0
  • I guess #4 but they all look pretty fake to me and I'm not super into that. Lots of make-up or obvious lack of imperfections makes me assume that she looks much different without as much face paint. A blemish or two is more believable and less intimidating in some cases if she's also really outgoing and assertive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Very light make up, I don't like when it's too heavy

1|2
    0|0
  • I have brought makeup for women before and I would never trust those women at the makeup counters to give advise lol most have it so thick its unbearable to look at. So I like a more natural look but I'd like a 3 maybe on special occasions

0|0
    0|0
  • I like 4 and 5 best.
    My general rule of thumb for make-up is: the less, the better. But of course that's very subjective and not everyone will agree with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • 1-2 is a unacceptable amout of makeup and it screams shallow.

1|3
    1|0
  • Option 1 for sex, Option 4 for normal day-to-day use.

1|0
    0|0
  • Makeup is great but you don't need to wear it girls.

0|2
    0|0
  • I know the first two have makeup on, I can't tell how much the others have on but they do have makeup on right? I don't know what I would like some women look much better with no makeup at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • My girlfriend spends 10 minutes on make up, mother spends 30. My mother said its just that she's prettier, so thats why she's able NOT to wear make up and still look good, but it also depends how she does it

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care as long as she doesn't use to much that her face looks like plastic

2|0
    0|0
  • No, I want women to look naturally attractive and beautiful without depending on attractive cosmetics.

1|0
    0|0
  • I prefer minimal makeup.
    I'm fine with concealing makeup, even if it is full coverage.
    But I think eyes should be left alone.

If you absolutely have to do something with your eyes, go light rather than dark. (like silver eye shadow)
    The "smokey eyes" stuff from the first picture is usually what guys mean when they say they dislike makeup.

It is not that it looks bad, in fact, it often doesn't.
    It is the fact that when you take it off, you look totally different, and in vast majority of cases, a lot worse.

1|0
    0|0
  • option 4 or 5 otherwise I'd feel like it might be a dude

1|0
    0|0
  • Non
    It's a huge sign "I'm insecure" "I have mental problems with how I am"

0|1
    1|0
    • No, it's a sign they like to be beautiful because beauty matters to them

• Show All
    • Wow, you attacked first by saying they are insecure and have mental problems. You relect your own real personality and I am just pointing it out. Don't talk to me, i am done with your negatively and psycho babble.

• Wrong person to try that on.

Did I direct it to you personal or are you interpreting it to be directed to you personal?

(It's a huge difference between stating it's something, like in this case it's a sign and saying you are...)

• I like both 1 and 5 even though they're quite different 😂

However I think just foundation, eyeliner and maybe eye shadow looks best on the majority, not a fan of lipstick and lip gloss though 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't care, as long as it looks good, and I've seen her without any.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just a bit enofe to high light cuz then it seems like your. Not wearing makeup

1|0
    0|0
  • Either no make-up or a little bit of make up is just fine. 👌😄

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 28

• I love many different amounts of makeup. It depends on the mood, the event, the time of day, etc. On myself i prefer a minimal look most days, because I have sensitive eyes and skin. I love to go all out for fun when I can though. I think heavy makeup is only an issue if a woman feels like she has to wear it to look nice.

2|0
    0|0
  • I put on zero make-up because I feel so uncomfortable with it

2|4
    1|0
  • Mhhh I don't like to makeup everyday, I don't feel it's necessary, I like to people to show myself as I am. I makeup when I hang out to a club, or for weddings and special occasions. When I makeup it feels as I was getting a costume for a funny party and that's cool, but it doesn't feel like me, so that's why I wouldn't use it everyday.

0|0
    0|0
  • None, why spend so much money trying to cover up skin problems when you can just get to the root of it and let it heal naturally? I don't feel like I need it in the first place and I feel like I look more like a Barbie doll than myself when I do.

1|1
    0|0
  • I usually don't wear makeup but when I do it's more like the girl in the 4th picture. I keep it minium. It I apply more makeup, I look like a clown.

2|3
    0|0
  • I like to do all. For work I do a 4. For dates I do a 3. For a night out I do 2.. and when I’m feeling myself and want to feel sexy ill do a 1. One of the girls had a good point. As long as you don’t depend on the make up making you pretty. I go out with confidence with a bare face but make up is fun to me! 💁🏽‍♀️✨

1|0
    0|0
  • I like both options 2 and 3. 2 is such a classic look that's great for fancier occasions, whereas 3 is kinda my everyday go-to look.

1|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the occasion. usually I prefer light makeup like number 4 but a bit more when i go out for a date or something

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't wewr makeup... I was raised in a strict household where I wasn't allowed to wear makeup until 18. By the time I turned 18 I was completely uninterested. I did try some stuff but I literally don't know what I am doing and if I ever try to wear some I always put barely anything on. I try going for that natural look but then I fail because I put it on too lightly. But I really like highlight. But all I do is moisturize my face so it isn't dry or flaky and that's basically it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tbh, I love all just depends on the mood, slutty, good girl, natural and the likes. I love looking every part of it😉😉

2|0
    0|0
  • 4/5 though I personally use only eyeliner and little stuff as mascara and brow pencil.

1|2
    0|0
  • A for me i wouldn't go outside without my face on and I wear lots of makeup, I wear big thick false eyelashes all the time when most girls wouldn't

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm option 5. I have no makeup skills and refuse to make an effort to not look better.

2|1
    0|0
  • None of those pics and in the middle for amount to much will age you

1|1
    0|0
  • I like wearing mascara and eventually a clear lipstick (but it doesn't fit with my hair anymore so I can't 🤷

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear make up that much because I have kids, and am too busy to put it on but also i suck at putting make up on!!

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the occasion. 4 Or 5 for everyday, 1 or 2 for an event

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear makeup at all, it doesn't interest me.

0|1
    0|0
  • For me, a girl, I am more for the last option.

1|2
    0|0
  • #5 for myself

2|1
    0|0
  • I wear a bunch of makeup
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

2|0
    0|0
  • Number 5👌

0|1
    0|0
  • Option 4. For me Less Is Often More.

0|1
    0|0
  • They don’t care what she looks like.

1|0
    0|2
  • Option 4

1|1
    0|0
  • It dont matter

0|0
    0|0
  • I like natural make up

0|0
    0|0
  • I love the last look and it’s close to what I do the most. Sometimes I go for red lipstick but only red nothing else.

3|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes