Does being too pretty and fashionable make you unlikable?

I'm at university, and in the first week of term some of the people there kept going on about how pretty I am and how young I look for my age, they also kept complimenting my clothes and telling me I was so stylish, boohoo chic. I've noticed that other girls are giving me side glances or ignoring me, some shocked when they see me then dash off. It's a really weird environment. I've done nothing wrong, well not that I can think of I've been rather nice... can't quite catch a break. And no this isn't me making a thing about my looks as I prefer people not complimenting me as I feel rather uncomfortable with it.

1212

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems to be that thing where female dislike other female being competition

Most Helpful Girl

• Girls can be really mean to other girls. Girls are intimidated by pretty girls. I can relate.