I have been seeing this girl.

We were out together and we ran into an old boyfriend. Well just by looking at him I can tell he is a douche bag (style of dress and talk). She told me he cheated on her later that day and he basically used her for sex. Now when she told me this I told her I was breaking up with her because I think I can do better then have that guys leftovers. I guess I basically lost a lot of respect for her I know this was a mean way to break up, and I probably should have waited a few days to handle it better, but has anybody else had this problem. Losing a lot of respect for your partner immediately

I really did like her but I can't play cap'n save a ho I just can't play that role
i don't understand why my feelings don't count.. I am a good person and I will not give you the shirt off my back but I will give you a clean shirt. I can not and will not sacrifice my own personal happiness for another person.
also why is my decision messed up. if you are not going to hold a persons past against them then should all the things I did to get to the position I am currently in also be withheld. I look at the whole person and well this is to big of a mistake.
its not like she had a drug problem. that's a mistake but you are doing it to yourself. you are not introducing a d*** into your body. I guess I would be OK with it if the law allowed me to physically assault him to reestablish dominance
that however is not legal and well if I was to stay with this man I would never feel good about having a lesser male f*** my girl. maybe the rest of you are p**** bitch men, I however am not. go digest more of your modern feminist bullsh*t
continue to have you balls replaced by tampons losers
since she dated him for a long time, I would like to ask you females if you would marry a man that has seen many prostitutes in the past.

7526

Most Helpful Guy

• I love to see how all the girls here are bashing the guy for dumping a girl he saw as having very little self-esteem, so low self esteem to suck the d*** of someone who probably doesn't even shower, yet girls happily walk over guys with low self esteem (ooops sorry, in case of guys we don't even talk about that, we say just insecure needy pussies, wimps whatever), saying how much they HATE (yep) pushovers and wimps and guys without cojones. So let's say you're boyfriend tells you that fat ugly woman with greasy hair and dirty nails was the girl he was staying with even though he knew she was even cheating on him. what would you do? double standard ladies eh? I back the guy and yes I've instantly lost respect for a person and yes I probably would have had in your case too. It's not only a matter of respect for her, it's a matter, wtf, this girl sleeps with such a lowlife d***head, she must be giving it just to whoever, so I guess I'm probably the first available, how much can I trust her to not be cheating on me as soon as I'turn my back or as soon as the relationship gets slightly rocky because of her lowself-esteem and craving for (ANYBODY) attention?

• and this has got to be best answer thanks! :D