Do you like piercings?

do you like piercings? if so, which do/would you like on you SO?

1421

Most Helpful Guys

• Not at all - ears excepted. Honestly, I have never understood why turning oneself into a human pin cushion is considered attractive.

Particularly in certain places - if you catch my drift. When I see a woman - or a guy - with eyes or nose or suchlike piercings, I don't think, "Wow! Is that hot!!" Rather I think - "Ouch!! That must have really hurt!!"

Honestly, it is a turnoff and I would not care for it on my girlfriend least of all. The only thing worse than my girlfriend with piercings would be me.

• In the end it comes down to personal taste. i am pierced myself (ring in the upper ear and two in my lower lip) and like them in general, even more on girls/women, thats why i'm interested in your opinions. and yes, it does hurt, but it's a walk in the park compared to tattoos, although i heared nose is supposed to be very painful

• Well, yes, obviously it comes down to personal taste. As Lincoln said, "If that's the kind of thing you like, then you like that kind of thing." What mystifies me is why anyone likes it.

Ditto tattoos by the way. Making oneself into a human billboard does not strike me as all that attractive. To the contrary, it comes across as boorish and unrefined. Rather than making oneself attractive, one settles for drawing attention to oneself.

As to the pain, it may be that piercings are less painful than tattoos. What of it? If pain is optional - all, some or none - it begs the question of why anyone would choose "all" or "some" as opposed to "none."

By that standard, one might choose to walk barefoot on thumbtacks as opposed to rail spikes. However, personally, I avoid pain unless absolutely necessary.

My hunch is that, much as what happened after the 60s and 70s - the last time fashion took an odd turn - this too shall pass. Then a lot of folks will find themselves hopelessly out of date looking - and having endured a lot of pain for the privilege.

We shall see.

• I like earlobe and cartilage piercings on girls. Don't like Monroe piercings, don't like dermal piercings either, really don't like navel piercings, don't like eyebrows, and don't like plugs.

Most Helpful Girls

• I love my piercings. I have 5 currently and a scar of a navel piercing I let close up. I think piercings on a partner can be fun. Maybe not even in erogenous zones but in general I find a subtle glitter attractive

• I love piercings! Nose, ears, nipples, face, in/around mouth.