Do you think I should bleach my skin?

OK I'm a Dark skin black female (not Alek Wek dark but around kelly rowlands color) and it seems society portrays lighter skin as more beautiful. I'm tired of all these jokes about my skin color. And I feel if I was lighter more men would like me not just black men but white men, Hispanic etc. Maybe being dark is a turn off

thanks for all the comments. I was just wondering what people thought of this

143

Most Helpful Girl

• No Kelly Rowland is beautiful. Men love Gabrielle Union and Bria Myles. Maybe your skin color isn't the problem. Imma be honest with you, society (especially black folks) is harder on dark skinned females and it's sad. That doesn't mean you're out of the running though. As long as you're not Alek Wek midnight black you have nothing to worry about. Do you have nice hair or weave? Is your body on point? Do you dress right? Are you confident and classy? If you have all 4 of these things down then you're good. There's always gonna be ignorant ass people out there but that doesn't mean you have to be affected by their negativity. People will always find something to talk about if it ain't your skin color, it would be your face, body, clothes, car, etc. ya get it? Just make sure you look good and you'll get guys. People who bleach their skin look bad anyway. Have you seen Vybez Cartel? He's a Jamaican musician who recently started bleaching his skin and he looks like death walking! Sammy Sosa and Little Kim also look terrible. Don't do it to yourself babygirl it's better to be a beautiful chocolate masterpiece than a high yellow fraud! LOL Also even though a lot of African American guys have serious color complexes, have you tried other ethnicities? I know a lot of Caribbean guys don't care about a girl's color, if she's pretty then she's pretty. Oh and I know a lot of light skin black guys prefer dark skinned girls. Also when I see white guys dating black girls they tend to be dark brown. I think Kelly Rowland has white men before. When nonblack men date outside their race I see them with dark girls, I don't think they care if they are already gonna date a black girl in the first place they don't make much difference between redbones and chocolates like African American guys do.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Yes I have seen vybz kartel and sammy sosa. I do agree they do not look good.

And I would answer yes to all those questions

• The media is sabotageing peoples belief in themselfs they always think that because this person is on TV more or that person is working more that people like that...I love it all(I all but stopped watching TV I just can't do it brainwashing the youth and making them feel like they are less than they are Its sad