GUYS: what exactly is your definition of dating?

I'm thinking about this since this guy and I had somewhat of a misunderstanding. Here's the story: We met in class. He sat by me all the time. Eventually we exchanged numbers. I was into him. We were texting a few days after that and he decided that since I was single and so was he, he should be my boyfriend. I kind of laughed and thought he was not serious. until he kept asking me to date him. he said he would love to date me and I wouldn't regret it. I said let's just see what happens. well over a week, maybe, we talked on and off and tried to plan a date, but we couldn't. So I told him I was totally free on saturday. so Saturday comes and he texts me and asks if we were still getting together. I said yes and asked what we were going to do. and he says things that boyfriend/girlfriend do together...so I was like well what are we doing? and then he just asks would you have sex? LOL I was like wtf no that's not my style ha ha and I don't plan on talking to him ever again... So guys, to you all, does dating mean you get some? How is dating a girl for a week and having sex different from some random hook up? What is your definition of dating and a girlfriend?
GUYS: what exactly is your definition of dating?
Add Opinion