Why is it more socially acceptable and "funny" to make fun of fat guys for their weight, but allegedly mean and not-okay to do it for fat girls?

Has anyone else noticed this? You see it in comedy sketches and with people in general, at least I have. It's still funny to make fun of fat guys but if a girl's fat it's "oh how dare you" or whatever.
Why is it more socially acceptable and

... And yes I know this ^ SNL skit is old, but jokes like these still get made, this is just an easy example. The point is not "oh you're right don't make fun of fat guys, that's mean"-- it's "stop idiotic double standards. Make fun of everyone equally if you're going to make fun of people at all."
  • Because people are stupid
    Vote A
  • Because fat guys are funny but fat girls are just misunderstood, or something (but I'm wrong)
    Vote B
  • It's not more socially acceptable (... except that it is)
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
7d
more answers

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Well, I think simply because men know how to make fun of themselves a bit more.. Women are abit more sensitive when it comes to their appearance.. But I agree it should be equal in that front..

0|1
    0|0
  • Humor is funny because someone or something is being put down or made fun of. That's the nature of humor. Yes, sometimes generalizations are needed to make humor, well, humorous.

0|0
    0|0
  • People who're self obsessed are very sensitive so if you praise them even if it's a lie & they know it's lie they still feel good about it... And if you criticize them even a little bit they'll get offended and remember it for rest of their life.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't make fun of a fat guy there isn't anything wrong with being fat

0|1
    0|1
  • Probably because women in general are more easily offended than men.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because men are supposed to be strong and powerful because civilization is built around men's strength and aptitude for power.

0|0
    0|0
  • What are u talking about i never miss an opportunity to roast a fat girl fishing for compliments

0|0
    0|0
  • Cus fat girls are hot 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

0|1
    0|1
    • 7d

Um... wrong

• 7d

How dare you😯😯😯! Don't you know there sensitive.🎂🎂🍦🍧🍮🍰🍩🍪🍟🍞🍔🍗

• Because girls are too sensitive

0|1
    0|0
  • Cuz women can't take a joke

0|0
    0|0
  • Because men are supposed to be tough.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally because women get more offended, but also some women are fat because they've had lots of kids and it's hard to lose that weight.
    Some guys are just fucking lazy and eat too much.

0|2
    0|0
    • 7d

Tough fucking shit. So don't get offended so easily and either have fewer or no kids, or work harder to get the weight off. Fucking hell. But yeah you're correct, it's just stupid.

• Because people are stupid, women tend to be more easily offended than men, and it's just one of those idiotic double standards.

1|3
    0|0
  • Because fat guys can still get girlfrien ds but fat girls can't get boyfriends so it's rubbing salt in the wounds

0|0
    0|2

Recommended myTakes