Why is it more socially acceptable and "funny" to make fun of fat guys for their weight, but allegedly mean and not-okay to do it for fat girls?

Has anyone else noticed this? You see it in comedy sketches and with people in general, at least I have. It's still funny to make fun of fat guys but if a girl's fat it's "oh how dare you" or whatever.
Why is it more socially acceptable and

... And yes I know this ^ SNL skit is old, but jokes like these still get made, this is just an easy example. The point is not "oh you're right don't make fun of fat guys, that's mean"-- it's "stop idiotic double standards. Make fun of everyone equally if you're going to make fun of people at all."
  • Because people are stupid
  • Because fat guys are funny but fat girls are just misunderstood, or something (but I'm wrong)
  • It's not more socially acceptable (... except that it is)
    Vote C
7d
more answers

410