Why are my usual skincare/makeup products suddenly making me break out in hives/making my face itchy?

I'm so puzzled. I know nobody here can know for sure, but I'm just wondering if anybody has any ideas. I've been using the same products for months. Now, when I use my regular lotion, my face gets very itchy and red and it only gets better if I take a Benadryl/use Benadryl ointment, so I think it's an allergic reaction. I'm having the same problem with face masks and foundation that I've used multiple times before. Why would I suddenly be having allergic reactions to regular products I use?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• Simple
    No matter how much light a candle can give, one day it will extinguish

0|0
    0|0
  • your skin is acting out because it's "breathing". Covering your face with heavy make up chemicals every day will make your skin used to the heavy chemicals. The break outs and rashes are from the chemicals in the make up and lotions, a delayed effect because you are allowing your skin to go without those chemicals-
    to be short; your skin is breaking out because it is healing itself. Don't put anything on your face for about 2 months and it will be extra healthy.
    You might want to take a look at what products you use

0|0
    0|0
  • Check the expiration dates of those products

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you should try using vegan based products? Because it helps my skin so i can wear vegan makeup basically everyday and my skin doesn't breakout or having allergic reactions anymore

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes