What's driven the increase in cosmetic injectables?

This stuff really wasn't around much when I was in my 20s but now some women can't wait to turn 18 so they can start getting lip fillers and botox.
I feel as if there is a greater amount of pressure to get the perfect look.

1215

Most Helpful Girl

• Because we're bombarded with images of beautiful people in movies and social media all day.
    We live in a lookist society that focuses on looks and rewards looks above anything else (especially for women). They might feel marginalized by society and might even have been bullied
    in my opinion it's hypocritical to prioritize looks but at the same time judging people for wanting to improve/fix their looks

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you nailed it on the "greater pressure to get the perfect look" part. I think the media has fooled us all on this and has created these perfect images that people strive for. Now I dont think it's a bad thing to strive for perfection in fact it's good I think we should do it more often because I hate acceptance more than anything. However if it is costing you your health or life that should stop.

• Imperfection is beautiful.
      It does make me wonder what all these things are doing to people's bodies. Sure the body breaks it down but it makes me think of if it's doing any kind of damage.

• A lot of times you dont know until it's too late. It very easily might be who knows I know it's not natural. I will willfully admit I strive for perfection but it's because I want all these things I want to be more healthy, I want to look nicer and feel stronger ya know not so much surgery. Well I would consider lipo and skin tightening for my face if the gym and diet doesn't fix me. However I consider those very easy passive things that dont have much blowback. I feel too many people settle and accept instead of always pushing and driving for more. Now sure certain situations won't allow for it but thats what I mean. I agree that imperfections can sometimes be pretty though or maybe I am very very forgiving. Haha all it takes for me is a face and body and I'll do anything the ladies want.