What's the best thing you've heard a non-native English speaker say?

I love listening to people who don't speak English as their first language. I like to hear what words they choose and how they use the words.

For example, most people who speak English would say, "my weight yo-yos" to say that it goes up and down, but my coworker the other day said, "my weight is a yo-yo."

Not the best example, but you get the idea. I also like it when she says Wednesday because she pronounces all three syllables.

So what have you heard that you liked or thought was interesting?

2819

Most Helpful Girl

• I had a foregin friend in high school. One day we were in maths and I was just looking out the window and she was eating nuts, when suddenly she turns to me and says

"I love penis."

me: what did you just say?

her: I love penis.

I burst out laughing and she frantically pulls my arm: Why are you laughing? why are you laughing?

I wipe my eyes: write down what word you meant to say.

So she writes down 'peanuts'.

Me: okay, you said this.

She reads it then looks at me: What does it mean?

I start laughing again and tell her to look it up on her dictionary. She does and her face turned to horror.

her: NOOOOOOO! I LOVE PEANUTS! PEANUTS!

lol, that still makes me laugh today.