How to deal with long hair going all over the place?

Ok sorry if I sound dumb when I say this, but I'm really not used to trying to grow my hair out. I was about 13-14 when I was trying to grow my hair out and it went pretty long, like mid-back length. Then my hair started to shed rapidly and it started going all over the place (I especially started developing resentment towards my hair after it came in front of my face during a stage performance and it caused problem) so I cut it to shoulder length. Since then it's just been me trying to grow my hair out a little, cutting it back to shoulder length once again... It went on. Until a year or two ago I again decided that no matter what happens I'm not gonna cut my hair this time anymore unless I get split ends. I regularly put oil on my hair, especially the ends to protect them and maintain good health. I only cut the tiniest amount when I get split ends at times.

But now my hair is falling AGAIN. And it's going all over the place AGAIN. And I'm struggling to manage my hair. I have no idea how girls with long hair manage this nightmare. Any advices?
25 d
Haircut isn't a big issue. My aunt is a retired professional and she has always given me the best haircuts. The problem is that I struggle to manage my hair. I was looking for tips to make life easier with long hair without cutting it.
5
6