Is there a ( very poor ) country or community in the world where people at large go barefoot?

Anonymous
Free and happy
Free and happy
Recently, I adopted a habitually barefoot life style. It means that 99 , 999999 % of the time I go barefoot. Almost everywhere, public streets, public restroom, roads dirty with manure, muddy roads, you name it. The very few times I wear something on my feet is when I enter a public institution that requires a less relaxed dress code ( though I argued a few times that since when are feet an intimate part? they are just extensions of legs like hands are extensions of fore arms ) and I put on slippers or sandals before entering then take them off immediately after exit and put them in a bag.

That has caused quite a fuss. Guards at those institutions stare at me like at a space ship, people stare and wonder, many think I ' m weird etc. The thing is I said " screw them " and I will not be forced into shoes again. But it ' s making it very hard to fit in generally and the stares make me fear that I might get in jail for gauging those staring eyes from their sockets, where they might try to force me to wear shoes, which would result in injured officers, ( gas induced ) tears and ninja turtles.

So I need to know of a country or community where it ' s done at large ( at least among women or especially among women ). I ' m not interested in any western country or country with western culture, hippie communities of sects similar to Amish. I ' m interested in a country or community which for some reason considers shoes or any artificial sole barrier either too expensive and goes barefoot on a large scale, where you are being seen weird if you do wear any artificial sole barrier and where I can fit in.
4
0