How can I improve my style and fashion sense?

Anonymous
I’m 22 years old but I look much younger. I look around 16 from what I’ve been told. I’m kind of short and petite, I have kind of a baby face and usually my clothing is pretty casual (sometimes cutesy/feminine). I only wear heels on special occasions and whenever I wear make up it’s usually very basic (I don’t know how to do better).
I’ve had a discussion with my boyfriend that made me think about some stuff but I can’t quite figure out how to change.
We were watching Lucifer and I was telling him how hot I find Mazikeen (Maze), and that if I could be any different person I’d choose to be her. He disagreed with me and told me if I wanted I could be like her but I don’t even try (I disagreed and I still do). So it made me wonder how I can improve myself, how I can be more confident and step up my style to something that expresses me better. But also, without spending money, because I’m broke and I don’t go out cause of quarantine.
2
2