Girls, how do you walk in high heels without tripping all the time or twisting your ankles?

+5Xper
Vaine
I just got done watching the local weather lady on tv. She's a tall, skinny woman, and tonight she was wearing a pair of stilettos. As I watched her walk back and forth across the set, I was struck again, as I have been before many times, by how these tv women can walk backwards and forwards in high heels. Every time I see one of these weather ladies take a step (or two, or three) backwards, I can't help thinking she's going to twist her ankle and fall flat on her butt. But that never happens. Since I'm a guy and never have, nor even plan to, wear high heels, I have to ask people who know, which means girls.

Girls, how do you manage to walk in high heels without constantly tripping or twisting your ankles? Especially backwards? Or is this just a skill that tv women have and most women don't? Or is this a secret of the sisterhood that no guy is supposed to know?

Here's a pic of the weather lady in question, although this isn't the outfit she was wearing right now (I think those are the shoes, though):
Seriously, how does this woman balance herself in these things? Don't get me wrong; women look great in heels and I have no problem with them wearing them. But I can't forget out how you're not constantly rolling your ankles in them. Or maybe you are and you just never let us guys know?
3