She's allowing the bridesmaids to do their own makeup- except for me. I'll take a minute here to explain that while we're genuinely friends, we're TOTALLY different.
She's cool, classy, and ultra feminine in cute dresses and skirts, she always dresses the part and puts a lot of time and thought into her outfits from her fingernails to her underwear. In short, she's always quite put together. It's a trait I admire in her but don't share and really don't necessarily envy.
I'm your classic rough and tumble counrtry girl- my go-to look is jeans, a tank top, and my tossed into a ponytail. I own dresses and skirts, I look good in them, and have no objection to looking put together when the occassion calls for it.
But I DO object to wearing a lot of make-up- the most I ever wear is lip gloss, eye shadow, and mascara. I don't like makeup on my face, I find it annoying and uncomfortable- plus it's bad for your skin and really unneccessary since I feel I'm pretty without it.
But my cousin insists she wants to do my makeup for her wedding so I'll look "so pretty". I'm trying to give in gracefully, but every time she brings it up all I can think is "I'm SO going to feel gross with all that on" and "What's wrong with the face I was born with?"
My question ladies, is WHY do so many women seem to think we NEED makeup? Is there something I'm missing in all this?
Most Helpful Girl
I don't understand why people give you one star for this question :/
Here are a few reasons:
1) Some girls think they look good in lotsa make up
2) Some girls genuinely love having lotsa make up on their face (it's their style)
3) Some are insecure with their facial flaws.
4) Some have the misconception of "the more the better"
5) Some girls are under friend's influence/peer pressure to put on make-up
6) Some girls like to explore a variety of make-up
7) Some girls want to attract male attention
8) Some girls want to attract the WRONG attention >.<
9) Some girls see make up as a form of art and their face as a blank canvass
10) Some girls use make up to cover many of their facial flaws.
11) Some girls idolize their favorite celebs and copy their make up style.
(and the list goes on)
One misconception I'd like to point out is that celebrities wear lotsa make up because they are constantly under the lights and on stage. Without that much make up, celebs will look very pale. It's a growing phase for some girls to put a lot of make up. Some stays with that idea, some don't. And no, there's nothing that you are missing unless you are pursuing make up artist as a career :)8
- Show AllShow Less