Whats your view on plastic surgery?

Just wondering what you think about it. Please be honest.
  • There isn't anything wrong with it, I say go for it if that's what you want.
  • It's wrong, and shouldn't be allowed. You should be happy with what you look like.
I haven't put a 3rd choice on here because I want people to chose, between the two I have on there and not lake that easy way out, with an in between answer. I'm not asking if you would get it I'm asking if you think it's OK for other people to get it.

2715

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not wrong. It is not hurting anyone. I don't get what exactly is suppose to be wrong with it? And what makes it worse then any other surgery?

Waste of money? Considering how much money we waste on cellphones for example, I hear no one screaming how buying an iPhone is immoral. Superficial? How is it any more superficial then someone spending thousands of dollars on personal trainers and diet plans? God gave them bad metabolism and big bones, who are they to try and look like models?

I think I won't ever have a plastic surgery because even though I have some features I'm not entirely happy about, I think I look pretty overall and it is not worth the trouble. But I see nothing wrong with people who do it.

Some people really need these surgeries. For example: my brother had boobs trough most of he's youth and this left emotional scars on him. Yet he wasn't fat. I only wish my parents weren't such bigots and let him have the surgery before high school.

As for those whose opinion on their appearance is more subjective.. Yes that could be wasteful and it could be superficial. But who am I to criticize the way they spend THEIR hard earned money on something that will make THEM happy. I say anyone here who ever went out of their way to afford anything too expensive just for themselves is to shut up.

And when we talk about them not having a right to mess with their bodies because it is how God made them, or nature or whatever you believe in... >.>

How does a patient with an ill hearth since birth, dare to ask for a new heart? God gave them the one that should work for a certain period of time, the way He decided it to work.

No one sees any flaw in this logic?

• Buying an iphone is immoral! They were made by Chinese children in unsafe factories for dirt pay, and Steve Jobs is turning a blind eye to it.

link

• When I said iPhone, I was referring to something expensive that is not a real necessity. A mere example. Every other story regarding the "iPhone affair" is not to be taken into consideration because I was only referring to the price of the product.

But if we are to consider the Chinese children of course it is immoral, but also a whole different story.