How Do People Perceive You?

When someone meets you for the first time or sees you on the street, how do you think they perceive you?

Do you present yourself in the way you want to be perceived?

1821

Most Helpful Guy

• Without sounding like a broken record, I'm from Nyc, where most people did their own thing and never really nagged anyone for doing anything different. Now when I came to Jersey, many people start eyeing me up and down, treating me differently, looking at me and I never knew why. Well then when I went to maryland with my best friend and his girlfriend, I was talking to one of her friends and while we was in DC. People were looking at me, a few people asked me to take a picture with them, waves and smiles. She explained that I look eccentric, different, unique. I knew my style and clothing was different but not that different.

So people usually assume I'm either a fashion designer or some sort of person who thinks he's above people. I never imagined people would assume or give me that look that I am like that. I'm actually the most down to earth person I can think of. My Clothing is just a preference in what I like, but I give off a laid back and calm feel, which is what I want for people to feel when they are around me. I'm not used to having people shout from their car to say things " Nice hair" or having people pull me to the side in a store and ask me if I'm into Cosplay/anime stuff. I'm not the attention type, but my brother says " just be grateful and appreciate it, nod and smile" Oh well.