Can a really gorgeous girl not know she's gorgeous?

I'm a bit confused I met a really gorgeous girl, I'm not saying slightly pretty, it's like 10/10 when I comment on how gorgeous she was she though I was joking and when she realized I was being serious she was really impressed. I was wondering was she pretending or there are out there girls with such low self esteem they can't see what other people see

161

Most Helpful Girl

• beauty is in the eye of the beholder so technically you could find someone gorgeous that others don't find to be gorgeous, including the object of your attraction herself

if she's a 10 by conventional standards, there's a chance that she already knows because of other peoples affirmations

although she could have any number of problems like socialization issues growing up that left her unnoticed or at least not well liked or frequently approached by guys, which may lead her to not find herself to be that gorgeous.

others may not find her gorgeous and so won't treat her that way

guys may find her gorgeous but just not approach her so she may doubt how attractive she is

she could have extremely low self esteem, or just low confidence, in which case it doesn't matter how you view her or anyone else

or maybe she just didn't like you and found it amusing that you had the nerve to talk to her (it has happened before)

she could have been pretending, trying to seem humble but inside her head knowing that she is attractive

idk really, youd have to ask her