What is your hair like?

what color is it? is it long or short? how long? is it coarse or fine? curly, straight, or wavy? natural hair color or colored? do you go to a salon or do your own hair? do you normally wear it up or down? how do you wish your hair was?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Dirty blond ish, about 2 inches long at the moment. I get my hair cut at a cheap salon. I wish my hair were a little darker, more brown. I like the color it gets when wet.

My ideal girl would have gently wavy dark brown hair, down to her shoulder blades, parted no bangs :)

2|1
    0|0
    • link Lima&pic10= link like this? lol

• Haha wow thanks for BA that was unexpected :) This question actually inspired me to want to cut my own hair, but I'm too scared ha ha :P

Yeah, I suppose something like that... Those seem a little too "magazine" though, I prefer more down-to-earth, less spray... I'll PM you the perfect example (it's someone I know, don't wanna post her face all over the web lol)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• -Black- dark brown in summer

-short in girls terms I guess :D I consider it medium

-when it's longer it gets wavy , but at this length it's straight

-natural of course

-Sometimes salon , sometimes I do it myself

-pretty happy with my hair actually

lol ; and a picture without color ha ha :D

link

1|0
    0|0
  • It's coarse, thick and heavy. I always like to do my hair and kinda change it a bit everyday, but this kind or hair is very hard to control :( even when I leave it medium short. I wanted it to be thinner and easy-to-control badly :(. As a boy, I don't go to salon much... and pretty much do it myself. :)

1|0
    0|0
    • you can go to a salon just to get it thinned out with thinning shears it may make it more managable!

• yeah...that would cost and I'm having money problems.:( BUT that's the only way, so I'll do it :D.

• it really shouldn't cost much, if it does they are ripping you off!

• I know its a girlie question but I am in the mood of answering many questions so here it is:

My hair is coarse, naturally black and cut very short - I shave my head every month or so - not that I am balding, it is just that with the cold winter in Canada and all, short hair will not give you hat-hair every time you wear a toque (a toque is a knit hat in Canadian speak)

1|0
    0|0
  • Dark brown a few gray hairs not enough gray for it to be easily noticible tho :<

Coarse and too thick

Wavy with some curls

I wish it wasn't as thick, but at least I'm not balding. So guess I ca't complain... ;d

1|0
    0|0
    • you can go to a cheaper salon and ask to get your hair thinned out with thinning shears, its not cutting your hair but it makes it more fine and managable! just an idea

• I look OK with a buzz cut, so I just do that every couple of months. Get a mate to cut it for free and get the expensive heavy duty hair products for when it's possible to style it again.

• ridiculously thick and wavy; changes color from dirty blond in the summer to red--ish blond in the winter (probably due to sun exposure.) its usually at a medium length unless I get to lazy to go to the barber.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's Middle eastern hair so it's black, short 2 inches, coarse,wavy. It's natural and I cut it myself I wear it up. all my wishes are fulfilled about myself :)!

1|0
    0|0
  • straight, black and grey/white depends on who is looking but the weird thing is that the white/gray hair started to appear when I was 9

1|0
    0|0
    • thats so odd, maybe its an odd genetic thing! did nyone else in your family have that?

• Show All
    • i don't think it matters too much, if it bothers you you can always color it

• quite a few my grandmother and a distant uncle, although I do not know if there are any test to see if it's a specific gene that causes that

• My hair is dark brown, really thick, and really course.

It's a lot shorter than in my picture, but it kind of works better that way.

My hair's kind of infuriating to work with, so I have to cut it and style it myself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Dark brown, currently wearing it longer than in my display picture. It's very thick and sometimes feel like hay. It's wavy and I like to keep it short so it doesn't curl.

I love my hair when I come out of the shower. Because of the hot water it gets straightened and looks just the way I like it.

I use conditioner every day to keep it soft and nice. I don't really know if this is an accurate description, but it forms strands when I don't.

1|0
    0|0
  • Brown, but sometimes they get reddish shades during the summer.

Short! Coarse. Wavy, not colored but gelled!

No, I don't cut them myself :D damn that would be insane, yes I go to see a hairdresser to cut them when they grow too long.

And I'm very happy about my hair, don't wanna change a thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 68

• well I'm black, so its very very kinky/curly, afro hair. It's medium length, I guess. My hair shrinks up so its usually very full, poofy and slighter longer than shoulder length. It's longer when its straight but I only straighten it about once every few months or so.

its layered, not all one length. I've never dyed it. I wanted purple hair in high school but that was when I wore it straight. I think unnaturally colored hair + super kinky can easily cross from "eccentric and cool" to "you look like krusty the clown" lol so I avoid that. its very dark brown, almost black. red undertones in the sunlight, typical african American brown hair really.

i went to a salon a lot when I was younger but I've been doing my own hair, for the most part, since about junior year of high school or something. (I'm almost 22.) Like most black girls, I relied on the salon for a few years when I got relaxers to chemically straighten my hair. I go to the salon to get it trimmed, though.

Both - I wear it down a lot but I'm always online trying to find different hair styles for natural hair, to wear it up. In the winter I try to wear it up more often. Also, I put my hair in a beanie hat a lot in the winter. The weather is pretty drying on my hair

I'm obsessed with hair though. I'm always on hair forums, YouTube hair channels, etc. obsession!

and I'm getting a new flat iron for Christmas. I have one that works, but this one gets great reviews (sedu) and you know the routine: shiny new things distract me. and its pink! ^__^

1|0
    0|0
  • I have long brown hair that goes down to like the top of my chest. Its straight, fine and really thick. I never color my hair and I go to Great Clips which I guess is technically a salon? I usually alternate between having it in a ponytail or leaving it down. I wish my hair was thinner...

1|0
    0|0
    • you can get your hair thinned out with thinnning shears, so its not cutting it but its making it less thick/bulky.

• Reddish - Brownish - Blackish

Mediumish - Longish

Kinkyish - curlyish

Naturalish - partially dyedish

Ownish - salon sometimes...ish

Upish / downish (some down with some up,)

Longer to the middle of my back. Ish.

:P

1|0
    0|0
  • Natural medium brown. Jaw length and uneven sadly. (I've been encouraged to grow it out for a wedding and had an undercut during the summer) It's naturally wavy and I don't used much product on it. Some days I'll straighten it or flip up the ends for some flair but for the most part I'm pretty unhappy with it.

1|0
    0|0
    • awh you could take biotin to help it grow out faster and you could even it up and use some clip in extensions temporarily :)

• Thanks I've been doing my best to help it grow but I'll defiantly look into it. :)

• my hair is so weird. it all depends on how I dry it... cause then it can be smoother or have more volume. but naturally its dark brown. wavy. thick. I usually wear it down. and its my natural hair color. And its long. as long as hers:file:///Users/admin/Desktop/nina-dobrev-pix-pretty-02.jpg

I used to wish it was straighter, but now I'm getting over it

1|0
    0|0
  • my hair is medium brown, just down to my ears and kind of a bowl cut...I'm trying to grow it out...so it's a little awkward.

I used to have really long pretty hair that I had dyed black with some pink in it. I layered it a lot, cause I'd get bored and cut it. I miss that hair.

1|0
    0|0
    • sorry to hear that. make sure you get enough iron in your diet and having lots of protien helps and you can take biotin supplements and vit e daily and it can help with hair growth!

• my hair is dark brown. it's just like medium length. my hair is extremely thick and really wavy, but I straighten it when I wear it down. I get my hair dyed a little bit darker but its like natural. I go to a salon. it takes me a really long time to straighten my hair and all that stuff so I only wear it down a little more than half the time. I wish my hair was naturally straight and not like thin but a lot thinner than it is now.

1|0
    0|0
  • Uhm I have blond hair that touches the end of zeee breasts, it's pretty coarse, wavy, highlighted. Tends to go fluffy if I don't straighten it (and no cute bunny fluffy, I'm talking no no fluffy). I just go to the salon every 3 months or so to get it cut or thinned out. Or highlighted, depending on my mood. I wear it down usually but I like my hair. I wouldn't wanna change it.

1|0
    0|0
  • My hair is originally red ://and has always been a bipolar mess one minute it loves me a does what I want and the next it is a frigging fro ha ha its better now because when I got it dyed it kind of chillaxed

1|0
    0|0
  • Blonde, long, shiny, silky, thick. I love it. =]

I curl it sometimes..or I leave it natural.

I usually leave it down and part the front differently..

or do a 'half up, half down' look.

I am happy with it. It is my natural hair color. The only thing I don't

like about it, is that it gets darker in the winter... :S

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes