Do you believe others when they tell you that you look hot, pretty, handsome etc?

So, when I see myself in pictures or look in the mirror, I see someone average looking maybe a bit higher on good days. Yet quite a few people tell me that I'm hot or pretty etc even when I'm having a bad day. I don't believe them, probably because I'm quite insecure and have always had self esteem issues. I seem to think that they're lying and when I say 'Really?' or 'Why do you think that?' it sounds as if I'm fishing or something, I don't know. Anyways... my question is (to both girls and guys) do you actually believe people when they tell you that you look good, if you don't think so yourself?
  • Yes, always.
  • Sometimes, it depends on who it is.
  • No, never.
    Vote C

3221

Most Helpful Girl

• I've realized the fact that I see something totally different than what others see. I've had days where I felt just "meh" and had someone tell me I was beautiful. I've started to listen to them. Instead of make excuses, I just accept the compliment,. and in my own head I accept it too- I don't try to dismiss it.

Turns out- that's one of the best things you can do for yourself- accept a compliment. Then, try to view yourself through the eyes of those people giving you the compliment. I've been doing that, and you know, I feel so much better and happier. I've dated a few guys who were heavy on the compliments, so I try to replay those when I feel down.

I do believe people though, and I think they genuinely mean it. Most people have nothing to gain by lying to me about my appearance. Even a man wanting to sleep with me. I realize he is complimenting me to butter me up, but even so, he wouldn't be asking for my attention if he didn't think I was cute/pretty/etc.

• Good One^...need to listen to her..and is upsetting to me when I tell a female she is attractive and she immediately contradicts me..makes me want to go find a female that is easier to get along with.(: