Do guys like tall girls?

It seems like guys are always looking for petite girls (like 5'4 and under). Do any guys look for taller girls? I'm 5'7 and I always get sh*t for being tall. I didn't even think I was super tall but all of my friends are around 5ft and it makes me feel sort of masculine.

What is the ideal height? Would you turn down a girl for being too tall? If you dated someone tall would you get upset with them for wearing heals?

325

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm going to tell you a guy secret. Most guys including me feel intimidated or awkward around a girl that is taller than we are. It makes us feel manly being bigger and taller than you in many ways most of which us guys don't really think about, it's just subconsciously we always tend do go for girls shorter than us for these reasons. I'm not saying this is always true but just look around at all the couples you see and know and I bet that a great majority of the guys are taller than the girl in those relationships.

The good news for you is that there are many many men taller than 5'7", I'm 6' and 5'7" is short enough to attract me no problem. Also if you do happen to like a guy shorter than you there are certain things you can do to overcome this subconscious rule of attraction most of us guys seem to have. You can make the first move by starting a convo with the guy to show him your height is nothing to be intimidated by and that you're just as normal, feminine, and approachable as any other girl. If he sees your true personality and it matches what he's looking for it could cancel out the height issue for him. If you're not confident enough to start a conversation with a shorter guy then at least smile and make eye contact if you catch him looking your way to show him you're friendly and approachable.