Explain your stance on high heels?

I understand that sometimes women want to look sexy for their significant other, but I personally have never found High Heels to be attractive.

The way I see it, if my lady is uncomfortable then I am uncomfortable. I don't want her to be trying to look provocative (or with less flamboyant heels, more attractive, taller, etc) if it is going to risk not only her discomfort but her all round health. I find it to be captivating when a girl just wears shoes that she finds comfortable and can walk around with me without worrying about looks.

High heels are comparable to corsets; they may make the wearer feel sexy (and because the opposite gender to find it sexy as well) but in the end it causes long term health problems as well as immediate nuisances. (Just search "High Heel Health Problems" if you are unaware of the risks associated).

I know it's not, but I want it to be time for High Heels to go out of fashion.

For girls:

If you were to throw out the "It makes me feel sexy" defense, why would you wear high heels and would you wear them even if your significant other displays a distaste for them?

If "it makes me feel sexy" is the only reason then how often do you wear them?

For Guys:

What, if anything, makes high heels so attractive to you if by having your significant other wear them causes them distress?

Both:

If you have no significant other, what would, if anything, change about your opinion on high heels including the frequency of wearing them for girls and the appeal for guys?
If my girlfriend wants to wear them because she wants to look good, then I won't stop her. I want her to feel her best as much as possible :)

If she wants to wear them to make herself attractive to me, then I would let her know that she doesn't have to, but I will never go to a person and tell them not to do something.

I am not saying that they're ugly, just I prefer them not to be worn.

202

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't wear them on regular days, but if there's a special occasion or I'm going out and want to look good, I usually will. That's likely not going to change if I have a boyfriend who dislikes them. I like heels, I think they look good, and I wouldn't wear anything I feel very uncomfortable in. I don't wear them daily, so I'm not at risk for ruining my feet or anything. Hopefully he'd understand my point of view and not bug me about it.