My theory: girls love guys with head wear?

I've noticed that the majority of guys I know who have a girlfriend, also use head wear (fat, small, short, tall). Anything from hats to baseball caps. Of course these people don't always use it but it's part of their image. I'm not a big fan of head wear but today when I went out it was very sunny so I wore a plain white baseball cap with some text on it. I met a girl who complimented it, and several other girls looked at me in a very obvious way. So what do you think? Is there any truth to this or is it just me? ^^
Updates:
Very interesting answers, also very mixed. ^^

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• LMFAO if only life was so simple. Let me break it down to you in the most simplest way...girls like guys who POSSES confidence.

Goodluck :)

0|2
    0|0
    • Oh and here I thought it was money and power, silly me...

• Show All
    • I've heard Ted Bundy was popular with girls. And may have worn a hat at times.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• I don't generally like hats on men - especially not baseball caps. The only time I really like hats on men are when they're working that kind of grungy, worn in look - something like this: link

Otherwise generally speaking, it really doesn't do it for me at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think that they're that big of a deal. Definitely won't make someone more desirable. I can see, however, that they may make the girl assume certain things about the guys personality. That he's laid back, low maintenance, into sports, etc. which may make a girl attracted to him more. I don't think that it has the "axe" effect on every girl though. I certainly don't think differently of a guy in a baseball hat but I'm sure there's girls out there who get a vibe from it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not for me. I typically am not attracted to guys in baseball caps. As for other types of hats I don't usually like those either. And if I see a guy in a fedora I usually assume he is a tool. However I have one friend who wears a fedora sometimes and looks adorable but he is an exception to the rule.

1|1
    0|0
  • I actually dont... I know this might be a stereotype but I find guys with headwear normally to be bratty and immature. I like guys with nothing on their heads... except of course *starts drooling* it's cowboy hats! *Squeals*

0|1
    1|0
  • My boyfriend wears a flat billed white hurley cap backwards.. I don't know it just seems to be a part of him (: He looks cute both with and without,but I think I kind of like them because it helps tell part of their personality. He's a cutie!

0|1
    0|0
  • My crush is always wearing hats. I've never seen him without one.

But I like hair most free, and clean, and with no accessories. I like to see his hair.

0|1
    0|0
  • Huh. interesting.

I can't say off hand that any of the people I've been attracted to the most have been hat wearers...I like a good head of hair. Hats tend to hide that.

0|1
    0|0
  • don't really care. a hat is not going to make or break me liking someone though, that's for sure.

1|1
    0|0
  • i could really care less about any sort of headgear

i prefer if they don't always wear hats and stuff

0|1
    0|0
  • I think most hats look a bit silly. And I like to see a guy's hair :)

1|1
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

What Guys Said 10

• I always get lot of stares from girls when I wear a dead rat on my head

4|4
    1|0
  • I think there is partial truth to that. At least 2 out of 4 times I wear my Thor helmet in public I either get compliments or my picture taken with some strange girl... It could just be a nerdgasm they have though, but it's still head wear and thus supports your theory.

1|1
    0|0
  • i wear fedoras and bandanas a lot, especially when my hair gets long, the fedora gets noticed since it has a ton of buttons on it and it shows off my goofy personality, the bandana is more just to keep my hair out of my face, usually its a camouflage, or lime green, or some bright color to stand out amongst the crowd since I am weird like that.

0|1
    1|0
  • I once cut off a woman's head and drove through 7 states wearing it as a hat...

2|6
    1|1
  • I think that's stupid.. and I haven't noticed that actually.

And if anything, constant headwear is at fault of causing baldness or lowering the age when the hair start to fall out - as there's dark and sweaty - perfect conditions for bacteria and a lot of nasty things!

0|1
    0|0
  • my brother has all kinds of headgear; beret, patrol cap, helmet.. in fact he's required to wear his patrol cap whenever he goes outside.. army dress code, yet he is extremely single. I think that's his own fault tho

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't wear hats. Why? Because my girlfriend ~hates~ them.

0|1
    0|0
  • NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Unless you mean ghetto broads, then probably yes.

0|2
    0|0
  • Girls like any kind of a guy except for nice and sweet guys. If anyone disagrees Idc because I'm talking from experience

0|1
    0|1
  • weeeell wearing a hat is much better than a messy I just get out of bed hairstyle.

0|1
    1|0

Recommended myTakes