What should I do with my boring hair? Any suggestions?

https://i62.tinypic.com/29gokfc.jpg

https://i61.tinypic.com/2dj5icn.jpg

The question is in the question title. I'm bored as hell with my hair. It's very straight and lacks volume, and there is not enough volumizing spray in the world to give it volume.

I thought about putting in highlights, to give it more texture, but since I'm a highlighting and coloring virgin, I have no clue which colors would suit me and how damaging it would be.

Any suggestions are welcome! (Other than to cut it short, because with short hair, I would look like Dora the Explorer).

4217

Most Helpful Guy

• Here ya go. It's a virtual makeover. You can upload your pic and redo your hairstyle and colour, makeup. Change your eye colour and size. Same with your lips. Pretty much whatever you want.

https://www.taaz.com/

Most Helpful Girl

• I love your hair, so silky straight =P Ok, so first, I would get an angled haircut, a little shorter in the back, longer towards the front- it's a bit edgier but you can pull it off. I think the longest your hair should be is halfway down the white of your sleeve- I don't know how else to describe it lol. Similar to the link I posted, but no bangs and a bit longer in the front. I also think you should go for dark red highlights, this kind of red: www.syerasite.com/.../...with-red-highlights-6.jpg

• Thanks, but it mostly just stick to my head, that's all it does haha..

So like a long bob?

• I've never considered a bob before, because shoulder-length hair is annoying because the ends always curl in different directions, so it's kinda high-maintenance. But I like the idea of long in the front. Thanks for suggesting it!

• You could run some mousse through it to get it more unidirectional =] and you're welcome!