Anyone surprised in how they turned out physically from being a little kid to high school?

I ask this because I know that I am. My mother is 5'2" and my biological father was 5'4" yet, I'm head and shoulders over them both. Even though I went into high school under 5'0". I'm pretty lean, unlike my brothers or sisters and my voice kinda makes me sound like I still have to go through puberty but that's okay. All in all, I'm pretty pleased. How about you?

2410

Most Helpful Girl

• I am VERY surprised (and happy) with how i turned out! When i was in middle school i was the shortest in my class (4'9 ), i was skinny as hell (76 lbs)! People would always pick on me for being like that, they would call me 'biggy' 'shortie' and stuff like that.

A year before finishing middle school, i suddenly grown and i was even taller than some of the guys in my class, i was 5'6 (that's my height now too). The bad thing is that i was still super skinny (95 lbs), and of course everyone called me a "stick", "skeleton" and so on.

I was the 'ugly friend' ALL the time. No one payed attention to me unless they wanted to say bad words to me. When i would hang out with my girl friends, the guys who would try to seduce them would say stuff like "why are you even here, no one wants you here!" "go eat or something, look at you, you look awful" .

In high school there was a girl who would always look pitifully at me and say stuff like "oh, i would never want to look like you! you look horribly skinny". Now that same girl, is very overweight, so yeah, i guess the karma took care of her!

When i started going to university (at age of 20), i decided to be more positive and happy overall, i changed my hair color (now it's dark blonde), i have no more pimples, and now i wear tight clothes (i weight 110 lbs). It's true that i have small boobs (i don't mind), but i have a pear body shape, so i have a flat stomach and a nice ass with long legs haha~

Now i kid you not, the exact same guys that in the past told me stuff like "why are you even here and so on", complimented me on my looks~

I could say that i was a late bloomer :> ~ It's quite ironic how much we change during such a small amount of time! I hope i haven't bored you that much with my essay :D

• Heck no you didn't bore me. That was an excellent read. Thenk you so much for sharing. I know EXACTLY how you feel and I hope...well I was Gunna say that I hope you do not take those guys seriously when they give you the compliments but sometimes people change, so...maybe you do. That's on you. I hope that you realized how special and unique you were before and that even if it was only one or two that others did as well. You had one heck of a growth spurt. Haha Not bad at all.
      I'm happy also that you are pleased with your body. I hear so many girls talk about small boobs as if that's a bad thing. Personally I like them smaller so from a guy's perspective, you're fine. I also think that you now having a nice butt certainly does not hurt the view. :P
      You seem to have just the right amount of confidence in yourself, which is so cool. So these days are definitely better for you huh? P.S - I bet even back then you were not ugly, not in the least.

• Well if you were here, I would most definitely and happily take a hug or two from you. (Those are actually my favorites). Thenk you for your compliments too! You bore your soul in your explanation and I just wanted to show you how much I appreciated it. (: I had a pretty okay growth spurt. Haha I went into hs under 5'0" and have grown a good few inches since then. Although I'm not as tall as most girls would want me to be. :P I had to learn within myself that I'm made perfectly and my job is to maintain what I already have, not whine about what I don't; you know? You and your boobs. Hehe I bet they're not even that small. Haha Reguardless the discipline that you seem to have regarding your body leads me to believe that it is probably just as astounding as the rest of you. It would be a privaledge to be in your presence. ^_^ Your attitude is amazing. Even if we have down days, you still persevere. THAT is awesome. Do you feel you've helped a lot of people? I imagine you do.

• Haha~ that's nice of you :D ~ to be honest~ handshakes are my favorite for some weird reasons~ Oh trust me~ height is not everything~ i see plenty of guys complaining about height~ to be honest, there are many other stuff a LOT more important than that! Now that i think about it, there was this tall guy who said that he really liked me, unfortunately i didn't liked him back, so i had to politely refuse him. In that certain time i've been crushing on a dude a bit shorter than me~ so yeah~ trust me~ i'm not joking when i say that! I like your thoughts~ Everyone should try to cherish their body and of course, if there are small changes that they can make about it, then great~ but if not, then they should learn to accept it! Thanks a lot! Your attitude seems great too! I don't think i would get bored talking to u if u would meed u! And yeah, I like to believe that i did helped some people! Thanks for MH and for your kind words! :D