+1 y

Do they friendzone me because they can't imagine themselves with me do you think?

So my good guy friend really likes me, it turns out, thank God.

I met him last summer and he would always sit close to me and hang out with me 24/7 etc. but when I managed to get a friend to ask him how he felt, he said he only saw me as a friend. Fast-forward to now, I asked him yesterday why he'd said no (and why he'd given me such a funny look when they all came back inside) and he told me it was because "I never ever thought you would like a guy like me...you're smarter than me, you're x and y...I mean, you're a catch."

I get friendzoned a lot (or people tell me that they just see me as a friend) and yesterday it occurred to me that maybe it's not that I'm unattractive or somehow un-likeable, it's that they can't imagine themselves with me. Which makes me think that I've been right about several people from my past who appeared to like me but claimed they just saw me as a friend (or at least someone they wouldn't date).
(I've been told I'm intimidating. see www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q999517-suggestions-for-a-friendzone-or-jerk-magnet-seems-like-it-anyway)

What do you think?
+1 y
I'm just wondering if maybe the "have never considered themselves with me even though they do find me attractive" thing makes sense.
4
2