+1 y

Is there any hope for us? (in love with a taken man)

hi!

5 months ago I fell in love with a guy that I used to know from college... We have been on a friendly basis 3 years ago at school, so when I accidentally met him again, we started to have sporadic (though very little) online contact over 2 months I asked him if he wanted to go for a after work drink sometimes... in the end he said yes, he even told me when he has time and that he would call me to make a definite appointment, but in the end he never did call. We don't see each other by chance at the moment since we live in a big city, but I have him on Facebook and skype. A week after he didn't call he started to ask me some random questions on skype (like how to use this computer program, whether I know a nice shop for a small gift,...) but never even mentioned that we wanted to meet up - before we never had any skype contact in 2 years (I found him attractive back than, but was in a functioning relationship). It was quite obvious that these questions were kind of an excuse to get in touch with me. It seemed so weird not to talk about the missed "date" that after the third time he skyped me I kind of made a joke about it and said that if he ever should get in the mood for a beer, he should just tell me so. He just ignored the question :/ Anyways, at that time I was still together with my ex - in the end one of the reasons I broke up with him was wanting to meet this guy so badly. He knew that I was in a relationship, so maybe he didn't get that I was flirty? I also tried to make it seem like a casual meeting with friends,. cause I was very confused at the time. Now, soon after the non existing meeting ( we still have very sporadic contact per Facebook) I found out that he has a girlfriend with whom he is planing to move in soon (he kind of gave me hints about it he didn't say he has a girlfriend directly, but he always used we in the message he sent - we will move, our budget) so I guess that's what he was trying to tell me. Than I didn't hear from him in a month (and I also stopped Facebooking him) and suddenly he shows up at a vernissage for invited guests (he knew I would be there cause I posted it on Facebook, and its quite probably that he came there for that reason, because it was not very published in magazines or so...) he came there alone, stayed with me and my friends who he didn't know before for two hours talking to all of us (except around me he got really quiet this time what he usually isn't ) and then suddenly quickly disappears. Now, I thought I was over him but its always like this every once a month he gives a sign of life and I get a complete back flash into 24hrs thinking of him (for 5 months now :( ). I have to say I really really like this guy a lot, from when I first met him 3 years ago. and I'm sure he likes me at least in a friend-way, cause we always used to talk a lot, go for a coffee,... back then. Is there any hope for us or anything I can do or do I really have to move. It's stupid, I really can't get him off my mind.thanks
Is there any hope for us? (in love with a taken man)
Add Opinion