Is it weird that I don't like when people compliment/flirt with my friends in front of me?

whatsername
If I'm hanging out with friends in public I always get super insecure. I have always been the ugly friend that kinda hides in the shadows and I've never had a boyfriend so I have really low self confidence. I've noticed recently that whenever someone compliments or flirts with my friends in front of me I get extremely uncomfortable and insecure. I said something to my friends about how I don't like when people do this to my friends and they all seemed really confused about why and said I shouldn't have a problem with it. I don't get compliments ever, unless it's from a close friend and they generally don't mean it and only say it when I'm depressed so I don't really take the compliment, so when my friends get them I wish I could get some attention too. Is it weird that how other people treat my friends makes me uncomfortable?
1
1