How can I get over the fact that my crush forgot about my present for several weeks?

Anonymous
I got a nice thank you email from my crush, in which he sounds nice and perfect, all but the fact that he only sent that several weeks after i sent him a Christmas gift. The reason he gave is that he completely forgot, which may be possible as he is a hardworking kid in grad school. Rationally speaking, i dont want to be selfish & understands his busy schedule. But emotionally, i feel that he either doesn't care as much or he's saying he forgot as an excuse to keep me at a distance but still remain overall friendly. Either of which is disappointing. How should i interpret/understand this and what is appropriate to say in response?
1
0