How do you know when chemistry is both sides and not just one sided with someone?

Anonymous
I met a guy and we hit if off big time. Laughed a lot, comfortable around each other, etc. I felt a strong connection from get go. But he lives in another state and unavailable (which I didn't know at the time). Then he made a comment saying "well you didn't feel how we connected from get go? I mean... as friends?" The "as friends" came after I stared at him for a split second longer. Anyways, I know we had chemistry but how do you know when other person had it with you too? Since he made that statement I felt like he felt it too (among other remarks he was telling me like he's trying to 'figure me out' and so forth). How do you know when you share a chemistry w/ someone and its not one sided? Thanks in advance.
2
1