How does one repair these hurt feelings?

Anonymous
A coworker and I have engaged in months of hot/cold flirting/ignoring. I have grown to feel rather angry about the tension that exists, and I have a really hard time just being friendly with him like other coworkers. I will turn away if I catch him looking my way, and he often does a similar thing. We are both very talkative with the other people around us but often not talking with those same people when the other is around. I sometimes catch a look of what seems like pain in his eyes, and he also seems avoid running into me. I think we are locked into this behavior there does not seem to be a way of breaking it. We used to be more playful but as time has passed it feels like we are just getting more annoyed with each other. I don't understand what is going on or how to break this cycle, as it isn't really something anyone can adress is there.
+1 y
I think my point is I want to be just regular friendly businesslike, but there is this weird vibe hovering over us and I'm not sure how to recalibrate things.
2
3